Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Cold Meal Menu?

Does anyone here serve an all cold meal menu with the exception of a mircowave? From my understanding we do not have a commercial kitchen. We only have a commerical microwave so that's all we can use. I've been trying to come up with b,l and snack that's all cold unless heated in a microwave and following the requirements but I'm finding it very difficult. Any help/advice other than parents bringing their own food?
Old 07-17-2018, 08:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

Is a refrigerator available? They make a ton of stuff microwaveable these days but the quality isn’t as great.. although I am not sure on the size of the group you need to feed and if that is doable. Can you bring in a griddle or a toaster or anything? That could really help. A guy I used to date didn’t have a stove in his make shift apartment and had this burner thing that you plugged into an outlet that he could boil water in for pastas and whatever. I am sure that some of these things listed will not be allowed to be used in the same room as children according to some licensing rules if this is a center. At my old center we couldn’t even have the bottle warmers in the rooms by the time that I left and all bottles needed to be prepared in the kitchen.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:54 PM
Daycare.com Member

I am not sure how many you feed but it can be done.Breakfast cereal milk and fruit/muffins milk fruit .Lunch you can pick a couple of sandwiches -turkey,cheeseect offer cut up veggies,fruit and milk.Snacks could be crackers cheese sticks,yogurt and frit or veggies.If you wanted a pasta dish premake it at home and reheat in microwave.I used to make meals more difficult than they needed to be.The kids loved when they knew what lunch was from what day it was.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Crockpot too. My dd’s teacher used to make Irish oats in it for Tuesday snack.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

I agree, if you can have a griddle, that would be great. I use mine everyday, if not every meal lol
Old 07-26-2018, 01:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwichlaz View Post
Crockpot too. My dd’s teacher used to make Irish oats in it for Tuesday snack.
Thanks for giving me the idea! Would definitely try it.

Tags
meals - cold