Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Asking For Payment
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:10 AM 09-05-2011
How would you go about asking a new client for payment that was due on the first of the month?

She paid me for the last 2 days in august, but I have yet to be paid for the month of September.

I have to call her today,to find out what time she is bringing her daughter tomorrow, so how do I remind her or bring it up without sounding naggy or whinny for my money?
Crazy8 08:17 AM 09-05-2011
I know it stinks to ask for it but you gotta just come right out and do it. Did she come Thursday or Friday last week? If she didn't maybe that is why she didn't pay?? But you need to nip it now!
I would just call and ask what time the child is coming tomorrow and then mention that payment was due on Thursday for the month (or whenever it was due). I'd keep it light and say something like you know this is a new schedule for her, etc. but make it known that she needs to bring payment tomorrow.
Cat Herder 08:39 AM 09-05-2011
"Hey ****, just calling to find out your drop-off schedule for this week. I also wanted to touch base with you about the payment policy again. Payment is due on the first of each month. I am sure you must have forgotten last week with the holiday coming up? I will have to have that in full by tomorrow morning or there will be late fees."........

You also may want to include having her schedule to you on Fridays for the following week in the conversation. You should not have to be calling for that the day before...that is not cool and should be her responsibility.

Personally, I would not allow her in tomorrow without payment. You are already upside down into it two days.
Unregistered 09:31 AM 09-05-2011
Hi (Mom's name),
I am excited to have (baby's name) here with us! I would like to make sure that evrything was ok because I haven't recieved September payment yet.
PitterPatter 11:20 AM 09-05-2011
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
How would you go about asking a new client for payment that was due on the first of the month?

She paid me for the last 2 days in august, but I have yet to be paid for the month of September.

I have to call her today,to find out what time she is bringing her daughter tomorrow, so how do I remind her or bring it up without sounding naggy or whinny for my money?
Good luck with that. I honestly asked every week for a month to be paid and mine just kept saying they forgot, then they didn't have it... I had to threaten them with CCRR and the fact that I would not be able to take the kids without payment in full. I hope yours doesnt go that far.

I would simply say " Hi sally I am really looking forward to having Susie here this week! I'm calling to get your schedule as well as remind you that payment is due. I'm sure with the holiday and all you just forgot last week. Please don't forget to bring your payment when you bring Susie." Then I would have a copy of the payment policy for her and hand it to her with a smile as a friendly reminder. Do you charge late fees?

Do you have to call her every day or week to know what the drop off time will be? I have a DCM with a fluctuating schedule as well but I tell her I need that schedule in advance. MOST places supply them with it at least a week in advance. I would ask for a copy when she recieves hers so that you don't have to wait for this last minute scheduling. That irritates me. I hae a DCM that simply can't remember ANYTHING! I have to hold her hand like a child and repeatedly ask for payment, schedules and even then she often writes down the wrong day off then texts me the night before with "oh btw I messed up again can the kids come tomorrow?"

Good luck to u I hope she is a great client!
cheerfuldom 07:41 PM 09-05-2011
you are not "asking" for anything. you are reminding them of a commitment they are already promised to make by signing your contract. especially with new clients, do not let them drop off their child without payment.
Tags:late payment, late payment policy
Reply Up