Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Nap!
DULCECGB 01:58 PM 12-09-2011
Hi, i am a mother of a 3years and 10 months, and a few months ago she doesn't nap, i put her almost the same time and she just keeps coming out of her room i that is driving me crazy, she goes to school 3 days a week and she doesn't nap even those school days, i don't know what is going on with her and what should i do, i am just tired of it! Please help me!!
Michael 02:03 PM 12-09-2011
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

Here are some threads for those that won't sleep: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=won%27t+sleep
Crystal 03:06 PM 12-09-2011
Quit making her nap. End of problem
countrymom 04:31 PM 12-09-2011
I think nap time is now done. You can ask her to go and rest in her room for a bit, use a timer and when it rings she can get up.
Heidi 07:48 AM 12-10-2011
At that age, my children went into their rooms for "quiet time". They spent a couple hours playing by themselves (I'd often listen by the door-so cute!).

The rules were they had to stay in their room and be relatively quiet. Mom needs quiet time too! Potty emergencies were ok, but no "hey, I want a snack" or "will you read this to me?" I did daycare, and all my dc kids slept then, as well.

My approach was "if you stay in your room and play quietly, you do not have to lay down and take a nap. But, if you come out , you will have to go to bed". For some reason, that worked. Sometimes, they would crawl into their bed and go to sleep anyway.

A couple special toys that can only be used during quiet time might help with the transition. Perhaps something she is getting for christmas this year? Once she gets into the routine and respects it, then you wont have to hold out anything as incentive. I would use a very positive approach "I have been thinking that maybe you are to old to take a nap every day. So, here is what we are going to do..."

I have a 4yo in my dc who gets the smaller playroom to himself at nap. He LOVES having his own room here, and his behavior as improved so much since he has it. Part of it, is he was not a good player before. He mostly just banged things around and bounced off the walls or into people. Now, he entertains himself for a few hours every day, and actually uses his imagination. He has access to all my books, which he often pulls out, or sometimes, he asks me to come tuck him in and sleeps.
DULCECGB 04:05 PM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by crystal:
quit making her nap. End of problem
thanks!!! Yeah that would be one of the solutions!
DULCECGB 04:06 PM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
i think nap time is now done. You can ask her to go and rest in her room for a bit, use a timer and when it rings she can get up.
i like this idea!! Thanks!! I hope it works with her!!!
DULCECGB 04:07 PM 12-10-2011
Thanks!!! I think i'll do that!!!
DULCECGB 04:09 PM 12-10-2011
Thanks for your help!!!! If anyone has more ideas is more than welcome to share it!!!
CheekyChick 07:41 AM 12-11-2011
She has clearly outgrown naps. Many children do not nap at that age. I would encourage a quiet time (45 minutes to an hour) where she reads or works puzzles in her room.
Christian Mother 03:17 PM 12-13-2011
What time does she go to bed at night and wake up?

My dd is 4 1/2 right now. She no longer takes naps but by the end of her 3 yrs she was transitioning out of naps entirely.

What I would do with her is like bbo...bc I also run a childcare out of my home I would tell my dd that she must stay in her room and rest...she can play quietly or read books. She sometimes wld ashually nap. But at 4 1/2 she is now in preschool and does not take naps there or even here. By the time she is home she's pretty much tired by 7-8pm.
Tags:won't sleep
Reply Up