Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>lol. I Got A Good Laugh Of The Day
mrsnj 12:36 PM 09-23-2013
New dcd comes in for pick up and announces how he is going to start potty training new dcb.

LMAO

He is 13 months!

On bottles all day. Can't use a cup. Hardly talks and still toddles. He can hardly say da or mama but he can apparently say "hey I really need to go potty" cause dcd says he has been asking to go and showing interest! Thinking it's more like how he can play in the water!!!

Omg I think it took all I had not to look shocked or bust out laughing. I thought for sure he must be joking!

Then tells me he forgot his payment. He will bring it tomorrow. I said don't forget the late fee. Then HE busted up laughing. He thought I was joking!

I don't joke about my fees. My rules are not flexible and I do not potty train babies. Now that we all got a good laugh its time to be realistic!

Said I was serious about the fee. Didnt bother to comment on the potty training. Hopefully mom is more realistic. And if not they can have a go at it and let me know how they make out. First time parents have to learn somewhere
Unregistered 01:09 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
New dcd comes in for pick up and announces how he is going to start potty training new dcb.

LMAO

He is 13 months!

On bottles all day. Can't use a cup. Hardly talks and still toddles. He can hardly say da or mama but he can apparently say "hey I really need to go potty" cause dcd says he has been asking to go and showing interest! Thinking it's more like how he can play in the water!!!

Omg I think it took all I had not to look shocked or bust out laughing. I thought for sure he must be joking!

Then tells me he forgot his payment. He will bring it tomorrow. I said don't forget the late fee. Then HE busted up laughing. He thought I was joking!

I don't joke about my fees. My rules are not flexible and I do not potty train babies. Now that we all got a good laugh its time to be realistic!

Said I was serious about the fee. Didnt bother to comment on the potty training. Hopefully mom is more realistic. And if not they can have a go at it and let me know how they make out. First time parents have to learn somewhere

When my dd was 13/14 months, somewhere around there. She started to show interest in the potty. Interest as in she saw the older kids using the potty and she wanted to sit on it. Not because it was a potty but because she thought it was a regular seat. She just wanted to do what the other children were doing. In this child's case since it is an only child I don't see that being the reason. Lol. He can sure try to potty train now but he will be potty training for a VERY long time!
tratliff 01:09 PM 09-23-2013
Hey, I know it's not the norm but I know parents that have used Elimination Communication and had children completely potty trained by then. But, said child was also speaking in full sentences. By about 8 months, he could say when he needed to go. It was pretty awesome but definitely not practical for a provider to do.
Unregistered 01:11 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by tratliff:
Hey, I know it's not the norm but I know parents that have used Elimination Communication and had children completely potty trained by then. But, said child was also speaking in full sentences. By about 8 months, he could say when he needed to go. It was pretty awesome but definitely not practical for a provider to do.
That is amazing!!!!!!
littlemissmuffet 01:12 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:

LMAO

He is 13 months!

Good for you!!!
Size18 01:12 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by mrsnj
On bottles all day. Can't use a cup. Hardly talks and still toddles. He can hardly say da or mama but he can apparently say "hey I really need to go potty" cause dcd says he has been asking to go and showing interest!
So sweet.
mrsnj 03:31 PM 09-23-2013
I do not potty train babies. Elimination whatever. Nope nope nope. They want to, I say part'a hardy! Then fill me in so I can have a giggle. I agree. I think they will be "training" for a loooong time. This child is so close to baby he isn't even in the ballpark for potty. Throw in those lovely tantrums he throws and they will have lots of fun.
jenn 05:37 PM 09-23-2013
I think it's hard for parents to separate "interest in going potty" (taking off clothes, sitting on the potty) with actually being ready to seriously train (knowing when they have to go, verbally telling someone,...).
BBDC 06:05 PM 09-23-2013
good luck lol!
MyAngels 06:08 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by jenn:
I think it's hard for parents to separate "interest in going potty" (taking off clothes, sitting on the potty) with actually being ready to seriously train (knowing when they have to go, verbally telling someone,...).

Hopefully they'll figure it out soon enough, though.
JoseyJo 06:15 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by jenn:
Yep! I have one of those right now- he is 22 mo and barely verbal. He DOES go in the potty- but he doesn't know how to ask or tell that he needs to go, how to hold it, or even how to undress totally himself.

I have told mom (a few times!) that I would suggest diapers instead of pullups until he is closer to ready but she is adamant on the pullups. Her $ I guess! He goes through about 3 a day here. He is always wet when he comes in in the morning, dry and goes potty when i take him after breakfast, wet and goes sometimes @ 10-11, dry and goes after lunch, wet and goes after nap- every day! NEVER says he needs to go potty or shows any care at all that he needs to or has gone in his pullup.

I just look at it as pre- potty training. He gets to go into the bathroom and practice pulling down his pants/pullup, then gets to practice pulling them back up
mrsnj 06:30 AM 09-24-2013
My little guy isn't even close to that lol.
Tags:funny, potty training - age
Reply Up