Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Withdraw and Term Notices
daycare 08:48 AM 11-05-2015
What are yours?

Just when I think I have it all figured out, it seems like someone pulls something that requires a re-write.
childcaremom 08:55 AM 11-05-2015
2 weeks notice.

I only receive notice on Friday afternoon, in writing, accompanied by final 2 weeks tuition payment.
daycare 08:58 AM 11-05-2015
do you require any deposits and if you do how do you apply them.??
childcaremom 08:59 AM 11-05-2015
I don't require deposits. So can't help you out there.
WBee 03:59 PM 11-05-2015
I require a full weeks deposit at sign up and payment is due Friday prior to each week to avoid any "funny stuff" come termination time. If they don't pay a week in advance, the child is not allowed the following week. I also require a full two week termination, in writing, in order to receive any deposits back. I had one issue prior to these policies. None since!
MarinaVanessa 04:29 PM 11-05-2015
I'm just now switching from 2 weeks deposit equivalent to each clients 2 weeks worth of child care to 2 weeks full-time care even for PT clients. Non-refundable, applied to their last 2 weeks of care. PT clients to get a check issued for any unused portion. I also require a minimum of 2 weeks notice to terminate only allowed on Fridays. If I get it before a Friday their 2 weeks notice still goes on the following Friday.

I put in my handbook what a 2 week notice requires in order to be accepted (name, date, child's name, signature etc.) but I haven't had a single client so far give me a complete termination notice so I wrote up a form and now I have them just fill it out to make sure everything needed is there . I attached it to my comment.
Attached: 20 Parent Withdrawal Form.pdf (180.6 KB) 
Ariana 05:44 PM 11-05-2015
I take a two week deposit at the beginning of care which gets applied to the last two weeks. When they give me a term notice they don't pay me after that and care ends at 2 weeks from the notice.
daycarediva 10:22 AM 11-06-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
2 weeks notice.

I only receive notice on Friday afternoon, in writing, accompanied by final 2 weeks tuition payment.
This is how I do it as well. They can only give notice on a Friday, in writing and it MUST be accompanied by the last two weeks worth of payments in full.

I do not take a deposit, because I NEVER EVER do refunds and I don't want "deposit" wording to be misconstrued.

I do take a registration fee due at contract signing and the first two weeks payments in advance if they are holding a space.
asstdirector123 11:41 AM 11-09-2015
How do you essentially "kick a child out"? We had problems asking one family to leave because their child was very aggressive (biting staff/students, kicked and punched a pregnant teacher in the stomach, aggressive towards other parents). We tried to work with the family and nothing we did, or the people from the schools who tried to help, worked.
What is your policy on asking families to leave?
LysesKids 11:58 AM 11-09-2015
Originally Posted by asstdirector123:
How do you essentially "kick a child out"? We had problems asking one family to leave because their child was very aggressive (biting staff/students, kicked and punched a pregnant teacher in the stomach, aggressive towards other parents). We tried to work with the family and nothing we did, or the people from the schools who tried to help, worked.
This is what is in my policies...

TERMINATION OF CARE: In most cases the provider will give at least two weeks’ notice if she needs to cancel the contract. The childcare however has the right to terminate the contract at any time without notice, (sometimes immediately), if the client should breach the contract by failing to follow any of the policies in the contract and policy handbook. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:

•Failure to comply with the policies set forth in the contract or handbook.
•Failure to complete/turn in forms by required due date. Putting false info on paperwork
Disruptive, disrespectful or hurtful behavior by a child or client that persists.
•Intentionally and/or frequently bringing a sick child to child care.
•Non-payment of tuition or persistently late payment; refusal to pay late pickup or any other fees
Deliberate disrespect, damage or injury to the provider, other families, any property, furnishings or other belongings by a child, client or other person.
•Any behavior by a client that poses a possible risk to others such as, but not limited to, being under the influence of drugs/alcohol.
•Failure to bring a child for three days in a row without any communication.
•The inability to meet a child’s needs without additional staff, equipment and/or remodeling.
daycare 11:58 AM 11-09-2015
the policy is whatever you want it to be.

i have a zero tolerance for violence policy. if a child kicked me or my staff they would be sent hone for the day and never allowed to come back.

ain't no body got time for that..... lol
Thriftylady 12:07 PM 11-09-2015
In my contract this is an immediate term. I just simply won't tolerate it.
asstdirector123 12:15 PM 11-09-2015
Your posts were all very helpful!
KidGrind 05:32 AM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by marinavanessa:
i'm just now switching from 2 weeks deposit equivalent to each clients 2 weeks worth of child care to 2 weeks full-time care even for pt clients. Non-refundable, applied to their last 2 weeks of care. Pt clients to get a check issued for any unused portion. I also require a minimum of 2 weeks notice to terminate only allowed on fridays. If i get it before a friday their 2 weeks notice still goes on the following friday.

I put in my handbook what a 2 week notice requires in order to be accepted (name, date, child's name, signature etc.) but i haven't had a single client so far give me a complete termination notice so i wrote up a form and now i have them just fill it out to make sure everything needed is there . I attached it to my comment.
great form!
Tags:forms, termination clause, withdraw form, withdrawal form
Reply Up