Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kidkare Is Going To Kill Me.....
MissAnn 04:30 AM 11-02-2017
So with the whole data missing, payments missing thing......

Only 4/8 payments have actually made it to my bank account. I can’t tell who has and has not actually paid. They all paid, but then the whole disappearing payment thing happened.

Anyone else? My house payment is late. I just had an unpaid week off. This is the worst timing! I feel like KidKare owes us a refund!
midaycare 05:19 AM 11-02-2017
I haven't had any missing data or payment issues, thank goodness! I would be livid in your shoes. I logged in yesterday and saw the notice and then checked, but nothing was missing. It was so slow though!
Rainbow 05:49 AM 11-02-2017
Yes! I swear everyday I log in, I see something different on my invoices from last week. I've had a few flip flop from paid to unpaid a few times and one that lost a change in payment. I still have one invoice that is marked unpaid, that a parent said was paid. Maybe it was, but it didn't actually get withdrawn with all of the issues they are having. Or maybe they're lying. Who knows? And it is already overdue and since it is not their fault, I'm still waiting a few more days to see if it ever shows up in my bank account or is marked as paid/pending.

This is the first time I have had issues with kid kare, but I know other people have had issues like this in the past, so I'm really thinking it's time to be looking for something better.
Cat Herder 06:55 AM 11-02-2017
One of my payments seems to have gone through, still not credited, no idea who it was from. 5 other payments are just in limbo. No notices. It is like I just gave a free week away.

I don't know how I am going to make my bills on time this month.

I have not heard a peep about when this will be fixed.
Blackcat31 07:32 AM 11-02-2017
I do not and will not allow KidKare to manage my income.
Especially after reading all the vents and complaints about the issues happening.

I'm having a hard enough time understanding why I can't enter a meal/who ate etc only to not be able to save it.

I keep getting messages to "remember to save".... well I would if the stupid session wouldn't time out after 3 seconds or if the SAVE button actually appeared on my screen as an option or hey....even if the dumb program would just let me log in and stay logged in. I swear if I move my eyes off the screen, it boots me out.....

This program was NO WHERE near ready....or even halfway ready when they rolled it out ..... I am betting right now that they lose at least half their users (food program participation included) due to the headache this software is causing.

The provider groups on-line vent about/discuss this issue in 95% of the posts.

If I have the same issues during the month of November just trying to record daily meals I am quitting.

I love my food program and my rep but this is dumb.
hwichlaz 08:07 AM 11-02-2017
yep, I ordered Tom's calendar for next year. I'm dumping kidkare for my accounting at the end of the tax year.
MarinaVanessa 08:32 AM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by Rainbow:
I still have one invoice that is marked unpaid, that a parent said was paid. Maybe it was, but it didn't actually get withdrawn with all of the issues they are having. Or maybe they're lying. Who knows?
Ask them to print out a copy of their bank statement to show you that the money was taken out, then you'll know for sure. Maybe it'll magically get marked paid suddenly
MommyD 08:35 AM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
yep, I ordered Tom's calendar for next year. I'm dumping kidkare for my accounting at the end of the tax year.
I've been looking around since Monday too. I am leaning toward Brightwheel. I don't do a food program, so I don't need that. I need attendance and online billing. Brightwheel looks like it should work for that! Anyone had any experience with it? I also am exploring Sandbox and KidKeeper, but neither feel like quite the "fit" I need. I may grab Tom's calendar too (Calendar Keeper, right?).
MarinaVanessa 08:45 AM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I've never used the calendar before but after this whole debacle I'm thinking that analog might be the best way to go. I was thinking of ordering the Calendar but wondering if I should get the workbook too? Do you know if they're each stand-alone or if they work together?

I'm going to do everything analog until I find another program that I like just as much as I liked as MMK.
Blackcat31 08:45 AM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by MommyD:
I've been looking around since Monday too. I am leaning toward Brightwheel. I don't do a food program, so I don't need that. I need attendance and online billing. Brightwheel looks like it should work for that! Anyone had any experience with it? I also am exploring Sandbox and KidKeeper, but neither feel like quite the "fit" I need. I may grab Tom's calendar too (Calendar Keeper, right?).
LOTS of threads about Brightwheel

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=brightwheel
Cat Herder 09:39 AM 11-02-2017
Can we not just find a way to contract directly with skyhill? I never had a problem with autopay, then.
hwichlaz 09:52 AM 11-02-2017
It's stand alone. I'm in brightwheel trying it out, but it doesn't have any accounting software so it seems to be a waste of my time. Why would I split my accounts payable and my accounts receivable into to places????
Mom2Two 10:25 AM 11-02-2017
I am not paying for Kidkare--just using it to enter meals and in/out. I run a Kidkare report (poor format though and hard to use) to see who to bill, since I only charge for attendance.

I use Quickbooks for business income items and income accounts and sending out invoices, and then send Venmo charges. I use Quicken for the rest and our personal , so I enter the Venmo payments, transfers, etc into Quicken accounts and track expense categories in Quicken.

I've been doing it that way for so long that it doesn't seem too hard, but maybe it sounds complicated to others. If I changed anything, it would be to not buy Quickbooks anymore and find a free invoice/statement software.

If a provider always bills the same every week, it seems like they could get by without any invoicing--just send out the charge request.
hwichlaz 10:33 AM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
I am not paying for Kidkare--just using it to enter meals and in/out. I run a Kidkare report (poor format though and hard to use) to see who to bill, since I only charge for attendance.

I use Quickbooks for business income items and income accounts and sending out invoices, and then send Venmo charges. I use Quicken for the rest and our personal , so I enter the Venmo payments, transfers, etc into Quicken accounts and track expense categories in Quicken.

I've been doing it that way for so long that it doesn't seem too hard, but maybe it sounds complicated to others. If I changed anything, it would be to not buy Quickbooks anymore and find a free invoice/statement software.

If a provider always bills the same every week, it seems like they could get by without any invoicing--just send out the charge request.
Wave is free and very much like quickbooks.

I use Venmo too. I just like having everything in one spot, but it seems that fate is against us in that area.
laundrymom 11:48 AM 11-02-2017
I love that I only accept cash payments. In advance. Lol
Rainbow 03:12 PM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Ask them to print out a copy of their bank statement to show you that the money was taken out, then you'll know for sure. Maybe it'll magically get marked paid suddenly
Now there is an idea
AmyKidsCo 08:26 PM 11-02-2017
I haven't had any problems with KK for a while, but I only use it for record-keeping. I don't accept payments via KK and my food program sponsor discontinued MMK about a year before it switched to KK so I use their new website to claim meals.

I'm sorry everyone else is still having issues with it!
MissAnn 03:39 AM 11-03-2017
My missing payments showed up in my bank today! Late but accounted for!
Cat Herder 06:49 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
My missing payments showed up in my bank today! Late but accounted for!
Mined did too, but with one extra. No idea from who, how or why. This could get awkward.
daycarediva 10:06 AM 11-03-2017
I use the calendar keeper for everything. Pen and paper gal, no 'computer errors'.

I use brightwheel for parent communication. I do NOT like their billing software at all. There is no record keeping functions, either.

I use square for CC processing.

Food program here is still pen/paper or spreadsheets. Easy Peasy!
MyAngels 10:52 AM 11-03-2017
After reading all these threads/issues I guess there's something to be said for my old fashioned methods. Check or cash in advance, spreadsheets for income and expenses.

I've even started back with keeping a paper record of meals and attendance in case KK ever loses what I've input. They have a handy worksheet for just this purpose
Country Kids 12:27 PM 11-03-2017
I won't do anything email wise with Kidkare. I will use it strictly for bookkeeping and nothing else. I just make the invoices, collect the money and then record in the payment section. That way there is no issues if anyone has paid or not-if I don't have the money in hand, I know you haven't paid me. I did the same with MM.
Leigh 10:13 PM 11-05-2017
Is anyone else's tiering screwed up with KidKare?

In August (where I was shorted over $400), I was paid for 37 Tier I meals, and 204 Tier II meals.

In this month, I had 12 kids who are Tier I, and only 4 who were Tier II. One of the Tier II kids attended only half of the month.

I found my missing money. Now, to try to get it paid (which I truly doubt will happen). When I submitted my info tonight, there were many missing times again. When will KK get their $H!t together?
Tags:kidkare, kidkare issues
Reply Up