Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Finding a Sub
tenderhearts 09:03 AM 02-20-2020
Now that I have reopened I have been really considering finding someone to fill in for me in the event of appointments. I have reached out to our local CC&R with no success. They gave me the name of one person but they have a very high rate and it's basically for a whole day, I would only need 2-4 hours here and there. They gave me a list of different facebook groups but most do not allow you to post about that which is really frustrating. How have others found someone to fill in for you? I really need to, it would be so helpful. In our state the sub has to meet all the state regs too.
Cat Herder 09:06 AM 02-20-2020
IME, Subs view the "2-4 hours here and there" the same way we view drop-ins and part-timers. They are either not worth the drama for the low pay or are very expensive to make it worth their effort.

You may have better luck with full days, here and there.
tenderhearts 10:14 AM 02-20-2020
Do you think it would be rude or inappropriate to call other providers in the area and ask if they have a helper that would be willing to do this? or maybe they know someone?
I see what you are saying about doing full days opposed to a few hours here and there. I have talked with some people who are willing to do it but they don't have the credentials.
Cat Herder 10:49 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Do you think it would be rude or inappropriate to call other providers in the area and ask if they have a helper that would be willing to do this? or maybe they know someone?
I see what you are saying about doing full days opposed to a few hours here and there. I have talked with some people who are willing to do it but they don't have the credentials.
If you called me to ask I would not find it rude at all. If I had someone I would ask them if they were interested in picking up another client. I can't see why anyone would find that rude.

It would actually be pretty cool to have some more local contacts in my book.
tenderhearts 01:01 PM 02-20-2020
Thanks, my state licensor came today for my unexpected visit. I talked with her about it and she didn't seem to think it would be inappropriate either. However, she did say that she knew of 2 different people who sub'd for a couple places so she is going to find out if she is able to contact them and then give me their information or give them mine. She thinks she is allowed to do that. So that would be so great. I think I will call a couple of the ones around here that I know use assistants and see if they have anyone. Oh and yay my visit went well, in compliance with everything.
Cat Herder 01:03 PM 02-20-2020
Congrats!!

I know that is a load off your shoulders.
tenderhearts 10:40 AM 02-21-2020
Well bummer, she called me last night and said she is not allowed to do that because it could be considered as a recommendation and if it didn't work out then it could come back to the state. Sooooo back to square one. Ugh
AmyKidsCo 01:11 PM 02-21-2020
I've given up on subs and just close all day for appointments. I try to get several scheduled for the same day when I can. Maybe you could close half-days if you don't want to close for full days?
Tags:substitute
Reply Up