Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>May Be Terming Before I Even Get The Kids!
mickey2 07:04 AM 01-24-2011
New prospective dcm calls me 3-4 times 2 weeks ago REALLY wanting daycare space for 2 boys 11 months and 2.5 years starting in March. I agree to meet and it seems like a great fit! Mom wants me to start March 14 but I am off for that week so starting March 21st. Mom calls me on Thursday wanting to start bringing her children once a week or so to get them accustomed to being here. We agree that she will come Monday morning just after 9 am. 2 year old is going to preschool 1/2 days a couple of times a week so it would have just been baby this morning. No show and no call. She better have a VERY good excuse because I am never in a hurry to fill a space and I can wait. I have turned away 2 other people for an interview in the past week. I can't stand people who are just not reliable! Not sure if I am going to keep this family.
lil angels 07:15 AM 01-24-2011
well if you don't care if you fill the spot or not. Let her know that you need a call if they are going to be late or not coming and if you have one more no show the spots will no longer be available to them and stick with it. If she can't be on time now what will it be like for you when she comes daily.
AnythingsPossible 08:08 AM 01-24-2011
I did this this past September. I had been holding a spot for a family since late July. The first 3 days they were supposed to come, no show, no call. I ended up calling her and telling her I wouldn't be able to provide daycare for her as she hadn't been in touch. She said things had come up and she didn't need daycare those days because she didn't have class and figured it wasn't a big deal because she figured since she was on state assistance I could just charge the days anyway and it wouldn't matter. I'm a big stickler on communication and just showing a little bit of respect in letting a person know what is going on. I think it would have been a very interesting daycare situation. Very glad it ended before it even started.
mickey2 08:52 AM 01-24-2011
I am not going to call her, I am going to wait to see how long it takes her to contact me. If she happens to call anytime today, tonight or even tomorrow with a really good excuse, like she spent the time in hospital or someone died okay, otherwise bye bye!! For something stupid like my car would not start or my baby was sick? Nope sorry! Could have called!
Tags:termination
Reply Up