Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love This Website For Cooking. Thought I Would Share
mickey2 11:26 AM 02-17-2012
I love the allrecipes.com website. I use it a lot and I am always experimenting with new meals. This site allows you to save recipes, plan weekly menus and it even creates a shopping list of ingredients and saves it in your shopping list section. It is great!! The recipes are wonderful and so many are perfect for cooking or baking with kids.

I LOVE to cook and since finding this site a few months ago we now have a make our own day every Friday! On Friday mornings we bake or create our own snack or lunch from scratch. I give my parents a weekly menu every week of all the foods we will be eating. On the menu for Friday make our own days, I put whatever we are making.

Today it was Oatmeal Jam Squares so on the menu for today I have, AM snack: make our own Oatmeal Jam Squares and then the recipe is included at the bottom of the page. My moms love this. It gives them new recipe ideas and they like that the kids are having so much fun doing this.

Last Friday we made our own lunches so for lunch I put Lunch: make our own Egg and Sausage Casserole. I cooked the sausage ahead of time and refrigerated it but the kids did everything else. I used small individual dishes for each child and cooked each dish separately.

This is so much fun! It gives us all a chance to do something together and they look forward to Friday make our own days!

Unfortunately the Oatmeal Jam Squares were not ready. We were unable to eat this am as they were not cool enough to cut but the kiddos are so excited to try them today after nap

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup fruit preserves, any flavor

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the walnuts. Set aside 2 cups of the mixture. Press remaining mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread preserves over the base and crumble the reserved oat mixture over the top.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden. Cool before cutting into squares.

This is the recipe for the Egg and Sausage Casserole I just changed it to allow individual servings for each child. So easy and fast!

1 pound pork sausage
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
8 eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano

Directions

Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with crescent roll dough, and sprinkle with crumbled sausage. In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, mozzarella, and Cheddar. Season the mixture with oregano, and pour over the sausage and crescent rolls.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
saved4always 11:38 AM 02-17-2012
I LOVE allrecipes.com!!!! Cooking is not my favorite thing but I love that I can find simple recipes on there for anything. Actually...I like the cooking part, it is the cleaning up part I am not fond of. I have used the search to find recipes with certain ingredients that I want to use. I haven't used the save feature, but I am going to look into it!
Countrygal 12:32 PM 02-17-2012
I've been on it for years! Love it! I also like Food.com, which has many of the same features, but I don't like the search as well......
WImom 12:46 PM 02-17-2012
I love that site too.
I've been addicted to pinterest now for receipes. I've found some really good ones.
Sunchimes 06:15 PM 02-17-2012
I use tastykitchen.com more than anything else.
Tags:cooking, cooking - learning, pinterest, recipe
Reply Up