Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Live and Learn!
melilley 11:37 AM 02-12-2013
I just opened about two weeks or so ago and today I have my second interview! My first interview called back a week later and is going to enroll in March! Anyways, I am sitting here waiting for this family to show up. I talked to the mom on Sunday and we agreed to do an interview today. She said after 1 and I said ok. Well it's 2:30 and I'm still sitting here-dumb I know. I just get so excited when someone calls for an interview that I don't think straight...lol I'm hungry but don't want to eat in case they come and I also need to go to the store! I don't know which number is hers so I can't call. I need to just calm down when people set up an interview and think straight! I know this will pass in time and I will have a level head when talking to people! It's funny how after each call-interview or no interview-you think of what you can do better the next time someone calls. So now I don't know how long to wait. I did say come after 1:00 after all. Oh well live and learn!
Maybe it's better they don't come anyway, they wanted 2 days a week unscheduled.
laundrymom 01:18 PM 02-12-2013
Do what you need to. If you feel like you need to, stick a note on your door. But don't put your life on hold.
melilley 01:21 PM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Do what you need to. If you feel like you need to, stick a note on your door. But don't put your life on hold.
I'm still here...I'm just going to take it as a no show. I will definitely make sure to make a specific time next time! I don't know why I didn't in the first place...lol
Sugar Magnolia 01:38 PM 02-12-2013
Oy, yeah that stinks. Time wasters.....grrrrrrr!
melilley 02:35 PM 02-12-2013
At least my house is super clean...
Mom&Provider 04:38 PM 02-12-2013
Booking a time is always best, I always do. BUT keep in mind booking a time doesn't even come with the promise that a family will show up either! You'll come to realize there are many people who decide something else after the fact and dont let you know! For every 1 of those there is a good family out there too, you just have to be patient!
Tags:interview, interview - still waiting
Reply Up