Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Space
Laugh and Learn 10:21 AM 09-13-2018
My Husband and I recently purchased a new home ! Yay! It has a great separate space for my in-home childcare. Trying to figure out if I need a “ younger” area. It’s one quite large, 600+ sq ft. Room. I have mostly preschool age children and do a lot of one on one activity plus have book area, science, dramatic play set up etc. somewhat more like a center. I do have 2, two year olds and feel they need a place for example with mats etc they can just go to and be more active. Especially When the four yr olds are doing certain activities. Any ideas on creating this. I don’t like play yards.but need to contain in some way. make it look good and functional. And what all to put in it to make it fun. Suggestions please! Thanks!
Michael 10:27 AM 09-13-2018
You might want to engage in some of our social groups like the decor group for ideas: https://www.daycare.com/forum/group.php?groupid=1
Laugh and Learn 10:30 AM 09-13-2018
Thanks I saw that group but not sure how to join?
Blackcat31 11:59 AM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by Laugh and Learn:
Thanks I saw that group but not sure how to join?
I sent you an invite to join

I have a separate toddler room for kids under 3 so they have an area set up to meet their specific needs.
I think it makes a huge difference!
woods 01:17 PM 09-13-2018
Can I get an invite too? I need to do some rearranging bad.
Blackcat31 02:58 PM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by woods:
Can I get an invite too? I need to do some rearranging bad.
Sent!
Aussiedaycare 03:09 PM 09-17-2018
Could I also please get an invite?
Blackcat31 03:12 PM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by Aussiedaycare:
Could I also please get an invite?
Sent!
flying_babyb 07:22 PM 09-17-2018
best thing I ever saw in a large room, made into two, was a low fence! it was so cute. Just a 3 ft high white fence with a latching gate. Kinda made it have a gardeny feel. Provider later painted grass and flowers up on the wall and called it the "Toddler garden". Was cute and pretty, without feeling overwemling. She also used that see through fence so it didnt block her view.
Laugh and Learn 08:39 AM 09-18-2018
I like that idea! Going to go check out fences. I think those white picket fence would work well. I could even do a grass type rug for the garden theme.
Snowmom 09:09 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sent!
Me too?
Blackcat31 11:55 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Me too?
sent
flying_babyb 08:51 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Laugh and Learn:
I like that idea! Going to go check out fences. I think those white picket fence would work well. I could even do a grass type rug for the garden theme.
Promise me you'll post pictures!! I would love to see how it turns out. She had big square planters on the ends to help keep it steady. Filled them with concrete
Tags:gates
Reply Up