Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Long Do You Allow For New Signed Contract And...
WBee 05:36 AM 03-25-2019
Good morning all! How much time do you allow parents to complete contracts and drop off initial payment when signing up for care? It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm kind of hoping they don't come back anyway as they have "time respect" issues already. (Showing up late/early for 2 meetings we've had.) Also, do any of you home care providers allow parent calls on weekends? The other family that just signed up dropped off payment/contracts on Sat. ( 3 days early) and called twice Saturday to make sure they were all set to start care this Wednesday. I typically do not work during my family time aka weekends/after closing time. I have a feeling she's not happy about no call back as I called this a.m. and was disconnected twice after 2 rings. I just don't understand why people assume you work for them 24/7 because it's in your home.
Cat Herder 06:19 AM 03-25-2019
1. How much time do you allow parents to complete contracts and drop off initial payment when signing up for care? It's been almost 2 weeks. - I would send a quick email either Thanking them for their interest, but stating the slot had been filled OR giving a deadline if I wanted to keep the child. More than likely, with a two week gap, they decided to go a different way.

2. Do any of you home care providers allow parent calls on weekends? dropped off payment/contracts on Sat. and called twice Saturday to make sure they were all set to start care this Wednesday. - This I would accommodate because they are new to care. A quick answer of Thanks for Payment, we are all set for Wednesday, going forward please know I do not keep my business phone on me after business hours or on weekends. Thanks! See you Wednesday.
WBee 06:29 AM 03-25-2019
Yes, normally I would think they changed their minds also, however, this is for care at April's end and they are from another country so I'm thinking they think they are all set and can take their time. I will call by the end of the week and tell them I've taken someone else as I received no contract/deposit. For 2., thank you for the response! I will do that.
Jupadia 08:42 AM 03-25-2019
I tell family's that spots are on a first in basis. That I dont count the spot filled till paperwork and contract are handed in. This sometimes means accepting contracts with deposits in weekends.

I'll allow some contact from parents on weekends, for example I have one kid that pays for mon to fri, but comes most weeks Tue to fri. Sometimes dad finds out he has to work Monday on Saturday. So they text to let me know arrival time and that they are coming on Monday. Or for a new parent, to totch base before starting and reassure them all will be well. I find I have to do this a bit more with first time parents. If a parent was in consent regular contact I'd just remind them of business hours and I could help them then.
Tags:enrollment, enrollment forms
Reply Up