Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Car Magnets?
misspollywog 08:27 PM 10-19-2011
Does anyone use these for advertising? If so, where did you have them made?

I was thinking of slapping a couple of them on my car because I drop one of my current dkk's off at the local school and figure it will give me good advertising. My car is white so they would really stand out.

I'm just not sure if I should have them made locally or trust an online magnet maker.

mom2many 10:08 PM 10-19-2011
I got mine through Vistaprint. They have lots of designs to choose from and they are great!
JaydensMommy 10:17 PM 10-19-2011
I also got mine through Vistaprint and they were great at first. But they are not good if you plan on taking them off from time to time. I would take them off for long trips. And if the corners get bent at all, they are pretty thin, they won't stick back on right. Mine ended up coming off somehow while driving. So I will probably be investing in a better set. But they are very inexpensive through vistaprint, just not so durable.
sharlan 11:01 PM 10-19-2011
The ones I bought from Vista Print lasted just over 6 mos before the paint start flaking off. Plus, it really wasn't big enough.
MarinaVanessa 07:42 AM 10-20-2011
Hmm, I've had mine for a year and it looks just fine (got mine from Vistprint also). But then again I don't leave it on 24 hours a day either. I always pull it off after a ride and put it under the seat inside the van. Any type of decal or magnet will eventually crack or fade if left in the sun and to the elements often.

I think the $ for the size of the sign is good (I waited until it was on sale). I chose not to put a lot of things on my magnet anyway so I didn't need a lot of info on it. Just my daycare name, my name, my phone number and my my license number. Simple and to the point. I also got one of those little business card boxes that clips onto your window (car window) and put my business cards in it so if someone is interested they can just take one. There's a little more info on my business cards so it makes up for what I didn't want on the magnet.

I use the magnet as a conversation piece for when we go to the park anyway. Moms always ask about my DC once they see the magnet and all of the DC kids and then I just hand them a business card.

I drive a white van and yes it does stand out nicely.
sharlan 07:51 AM 10-20-2011
I did leave mine on the van and truck all the time.

My neighbor has a full sized ad on the back window of his van. I want to find out where he got it, but he's so secretive.
misspollywog 08:25 AM 10-20-2011
Thanks everyone! I ALMOST ordered from Vistaprint the other day but wasn't sure. I definitely want some that I can peel on and off and I'd like them to last at least a year.

If I have to spend a little more $ for quality I will. I'm going to check out my local sign makers here to see what they offer.

Oh, and love the idea of the business card holder!!
mismatchedsocks 08:29 AM 10-20-2011
Vistaprint, and i think I got it free! I put it on when i pull up to the school and can pull in the bus lane. It has lasted me about 2 years now, no peeling and still looks great but i dont leave it up all the time either. Not in Wisconsin!
Blackcat31 08:38 AM 10-20-2011
As for advertsing, I give all my parents a vinyl window cling that says
"My child is lovingly cared for at '(Blackcat31's)' Child Care. Address/phone number."

They display it in their vehicle window and it becomes instant moving advertising for me.
MarinaVanessa 08:47 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
"My child is lovingly cared for at '(Blackcat31's)' Child Care. Address/phone number."

They display it in their vehicle window and it becomes instant moving advertising for me.
Oh that's so neat! Where did you have yours made? And do you have a picture of one?? I like that idea. Maybe I can make magnet ones instead however or some of both for those that don't like putting decals on their cars.

Back to Vista Print: The best way to go with them is to wait until they have that sale on free business cards where you only pay for shipping and then wait until you start getting their special sale emails. It doesn't take too long after you place your order. They send you all sorts of things that you can get for "free" (pay for shipping) including the small car magnet and then you can just upgrade to the bigger size and pay the difference. That's how I did it lol.
Blackcat31 09:04 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Oh that's so neat! Where did you have yours made? And do you have a picture of one?? I like that idea. Maybe I can make magnet ones instead however or some of both for those that don't like putting decals on their cars.
Sure, here is a picture. It is backwards when looking at it because it is meant to be put inside the vehicle. It measures 4.5 inches by 3.5 inches and peels on and off whenever. I had them made at a print shop that is owned by one of my daycare families. and I think I got 50 of them for $30. I know Vista Print makes them too but I shopped local instead.

I was going to black out my name and info but I have no idea how..... plus I have nothing to hide so in the words of my teenage helper...Whatev.
misspollywog 12:02 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

That's an awesome idea and I love your logo!!
Tags:advertising, advertising ideas, car magnet
Reply Up