Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sending Kid Home With Bite Marks..
littlemommy 11:23 AM 07-26-2011
and I'm not sure who did it. As said in a previous post, my son has been more aggressive towards the other boys in my daycare. I'm not sure it was him that did it, though. The only time the kids were unattended was when I was preparing lunch, and I made a point to bring my son and the 10 month old boy into the kitchen with me. In the living room was a 2 year old girl and this 23 month old boy.

I never heard him cry or scream. DS did run in there a couple times, but came right back to the kitchen. I would think if he ran in there, bit him 3 times, and came back the boy would have cried! The 2 year old has never bitten in my care.

I'm scared to tell the boys' father at pick up. He can be very rude. If I tell him I don't know who did it I'm scared that he'll say I need to keep a better eye on them. I just examined the bites further and one of them is very long..and I don't think my son's mouth can open that wide. When DS has bitten me in the past, he's never clamped down like a snake. It's more like a kiss gone wrong..like he opens his mouth and just pushes his mouth into the skin. From these marks, if his mouth was open that wide I don't think he could push that hard to leave marks like that. They seem like they are from a hard bite.
Tags:bite, bites, biting, provider - own child
Up