Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anyone Do Infant/Toddler Only?
Heidi 07:36 AM 11-02-2012
I have been considering marketing myself as specifically an infant/toddler program. Has anyone done this or considered this?

Here are my reasons:
-
-My house is rather small, and since I have to share my family/daycare space (with the exception of an 8x10 room). It's really hard to have "centers" here without having chaos and the chance of personal things being ruined (like if I leave art materials self-accessible).

-Getting the kiddos as infants and then keeping them until the school year of their 3rd birthday means I am the major influence, and hopefully there will be less behavioral stuff.

-While I like doing some projects, etc with the kids, I am not a fan of lesson planning and "teaching" in the preschool sense. I could really focus on being play based, although I certainly would offer some structured activities.

-The materials and equipment I need could be more focused on the under 3 age group, so the money I spend on stuff would be narrowed to that.

-I could charge a bit more for the younger crowd, although I can only take 4-5 kids. In the past year & a half, I've never had more than 5 fulltime anyway, with a few drops ins.

Right now, I have 3 part-timers (4 m, 12m, and 18 m), a fulltime 11mo, and a fulltime 2 1/2 year old. Oldest one is moving when school ends, and I've got THREE people asking for infant care for February, March, and August. This might be the time to transition out the part-timers and replace them with full-time infants.

hmmmm.....

My current rates are FT $110 for over 2, $130 for under 2. I may go to $140 per week period, again, marketing as "exclusive" to infants and toddlers. I would have to "step it up" a little bit on some equipment and materials.
Tags:infant care, toddler care
Up