Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bibs
Core12 08:16 AM 05-09-2018
I posted a cute pic of a 3 month old on my secret group for the daycare parents. This pic was cute as heck but dcm only saw a spit up stain. Today, at drop off she brings bibs with her and says she has a bunch of them and he spits up a lot.
She just started and makes all kinds of suggestions (cameras for parents to login, daily sheets, how to hold dcb) she try’s to act like she isn’t wanting us to implement these ideas...just says she knows of other daycares who do this and that. I don’t give a flip.
I never use bibs this young because you never know when they will fall asleep and they are choking hazards when they do sleep. Your thoughts?
Blackcat31 08:24 AM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by Core12:
I posted a cute pic of a 3 month old on my secret group for the daycare parents. This pic was cute as heck but dcm only saw a spit up stain. Today, at drop off she brings bibs with her and says she has a bunch of them and he spits up a lot.
She just started and makes all kinds of suggestions (cameras for parents to login, daily sheets, how to hold dcb) she try’s to act like she isn’t wanting us to implement these ideas...just says she knows of other daycares who do this and that. I don’t give a flip.
I never use bibs this young because you never know when they will fall asleep and they are choking hazards when they do sleep. Your thoughts?
Stop responding to anything she "suggests"

If she comments about other daycare programs that do X or Y just ignore her or if you need to say anything say something like "Well, I'm glad that works for them." and then just carry on...if she presses the issue I'd have a hard time not saying "Well you enrolled here and I do A and B, if you want a program that does X and Y, you'll need to submit your notice of withdrawal."

Asking parents that do that type of "suggesting" need to be called out for it and most will stop with the comments once you do.

As for the bibs, same thing...."DCM, I do what I do on my watch, you do what you do on yours." Again if she pushes the topic, ask her if she is planning to withdraw from your program.

DCM will stop commenting and suggesting if she is met with a solid reply that indicates YOU are the boss, the business owner, the provider, the one to set your rules/policies and the one who gets to decide what and when you do what you do. period.
hwichlaz 08:51 AM 05-09-2018
Babies are only allowed to sleep in cribs, so just remove it when you put baby in the crib?

I understand being irritated with mom over all of the passive aggressive suggestions, but the bib thing is totes reasonable IMO.
Josiegirl 09:16 AM 05-09-2018
Maybe in her own weird way, she thinks she's being helpful?

My 11 mo's mom is a little like this, first time mom and must think I know nothing. I know it's HER child but this isn't my 1st rodeo, having had 4 of my own and 35+ years of caring for other's children. Then I've had parents send links to cute project or craft ideas. Not sure if that's a hint but I've come to ignore it.
daycarediva 09:32 AM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Babies are only allowed to sleep in cribs, so just remove it when you put baby in the crib?

I understand being irritated with mom over all of the passive aggressive suggestions, but the bib thing is totes reasonable IMO.
Nope, not reasonable. On her time, sure. OP said she prefers no bib at this stage. When we 'give in' to suggestions, we are really allowing parents to run the show. It starts small=bibs, and progresses BIG=no nap, etc.

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Maybe in her own weird way, she thinks she's being helpful?

My 11 mo's mom is a little like this, first time mom and must think I know nothing. I know it's HER child but this isn't my 1st rodeo, having had 4 of my own and 35+ years of caring for other's children. Then I've had parents send links to cute project or craft ideas. Not sure if that's a hint but I've come to ignore it.

YESSSS the craft thing!

I had a parent post a cute mother's day craft on my timeline. The grandparent (HER mother) said "OH CUTE! Let me know when you do that with dcb, I would love one!"

and now that's my go to! "OH CUTE! You'll have to let me know how it comes out!"
Blackcat31 12:42 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Nope, not reasonable. On her time, sure. OP said she prefers no bib at this stage. When we 'give in' to suggestions, we are really allowing parents to run the show. It starts small=bibs, and progresses BIG=no nap, etc.
This was my thought as well.

I don't think it really has ANYTHING to do with bibs.
Tags:bibs
Reply Up