Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rofl! I Watched A Mom Change A Poopy !
laundrymom 09:34 AM 07-13-2011
Ok mom of infant changed her due to baby pooping in car. OMGOODNESS. Lol. It took 7 wipes 2 clean diapers and about 5 min!!! No strategy, no plan. I almost said, PLEASE LET ME TEACH YOU. ! lol. Seriously entertained me. Where I would have grabbed her legs, wiped most the mess with the diaper, then used a wipe for the bottom and a second to clean everything to get it all. Then let go of her legs into a new dipe and fastened it, 30-40 seconds tops. She opened it up, let her legs go, chased the poop around, had to catch her feet, it was comical. Lol
MarinaVanessa 09:36 AM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Ok mom of infant changed her due to baby pooping in car. OMGOODNESS. Lol. It took 7 wipes 2 clean diapers and about 5 min!!! No strategy, no plan. I almost said, PLEASE LET ME TEACH YOU. ! lol. Seriously entertained me. Where I would have grabbed her legs, wiped most the mess with the diaper, then used a wipe for the bottom and a second to clean everything to get it all. Then let go of her legs into a new dipe and fastened it, 30-40 seconds tops. She opened it up, let her legs go, chased the poop around, had to catch her feet, it was comical. Lol
Rookies lol!!
laundrymom 09:37 AM 07-13-2011
This is baby number three!!!! Lol.
sharlan 09:53 AM 07-13-2011
Maybe you should teach her how to do it quickly and easier.
PeanutsGalore 10:02 AM 07-13-2011
I'm pretty good at changing diapers, but I have to say, that whole "use the diaper to wipe most of the poop away" technique doesn't always work. My first daycare client had huge poops, two, sometimes three times a day. It wasn't watery but did overflow out of the diaper and there was no using the diaper to wipe her clean. I burned through wipes.
laundrymom 10:13 AM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Maybe you should teach her how to do it quickly and easier.
I plan on it next time. Lol
laundrymom 10:14 AM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by PeanutsGalore:
I'm pretty good at changing diapers, but I have to say, that whole "use the diaper to wipe most of the poop away" technique doesn't always work. My first daycare client had huge poops, two, sometimes three times a day. It wasn't watery but did overflow out of the diaper and there was no using the diaper to wipe her clean. I burned through wipes.
This little one is simple to change, it was just so funny. To me anyway. Lol
countrymom 10:17 AM 07-13-2011
that is so funny, but I change diapers just like you too. Its so quick and easy.
PeanutsGalore 10:21 AM 07-13-2011
This little one is simple to change, it was just so funny. To me anyway. Lol
The two diaper thing did have me wondering.....how do they do it at home? I think that we get to change most of the poops. My little one this week is giving me a break--he's pooping for daddy before he gets here in the mornings! His dad is convinced it's payback for not having to change a poopy diaper for 2 weeks.

I'd give a million bucks to not have to see a poopy diaper for 2 weeks. Lucky devil!
laundrymom 10:25 AM 07-13-2011
She was so slow the poop got on the clean dipe before she was done. Lol
DBug 10:51 AM 07-13-2011
I had a dad ask for another diaper at pick-up time because he was going to store on the way home and wanted to make sure dcg was dry (nevermind the fact that I had changed her a half hour earlier and she was still dry). She was 2.5 at the time, and he tried to change her standing up, which is fine, I do that for all wet (not dirty, of course) diapers anyway.

But oh my, he could not get the thing to stay put, and ended up holding her in the air with one arm while trying to do up the diaper with the other hand while she was wiggling all over the place . It was hilarious!! After letting him try for another couple of minutes, while stifling laughter, I said "Here, let me." and fixed her up within 10 seconds. I was laughing the rest of the evening!

He hasn't tried that again though!
NiNi.R. 01:13 PM 07-13-2011
hahaha...that is comical! I was at a baby shower once where they had a diaper changing contest on a doll while blindfolded. Obviously much easier than changing a squirmy poopy kid. I was done in 7 secs. Everyone else took 20-30 secs. Everyone joked around that it was unfair because I get far more practice.
CheekyChick 01:17 PM 07-13-2011
Changing a diaper can be a difficult task - that's why they hire us to do the job right.
cheerfuldom 02:18 PM 07-13-2011
my word, that is hilarious. I have parents that struggle doing everything from getting the kid into a car seat to getting them in the front door. Its crazy. You would think this mom had it down by now but I guess not.
Crazy8 02:43 PM 07-13-2011
LOL! I have seen that one before too. I used to get a kick out of watching a family member that literally took both parents to change a diaper.
AfterSchoolMom 07:24 PM 07-13-2011
That brings back memories - I remember when DH and I were practically kids ourselves, faced with our oldest child's very first diaper. We probably went through a half a package of wipes, and it DID take both of us...and newborns don't even wiggle.
Abigail 06:50 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
That brings back memories - I remember when DH and I were practically kids ourselves, faced with our oldest child's very first diaper. We probably went through a half a package of wipes, and it DID take both of us...and newborns don't even wiggle.
OH boy, I can't wait until we have our first kid and I have DH change our child for the first time.
laundrymom 10:15 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
OH boy, I can't wait until we have our first kid and I have DH change our child for the first time.
Lol my dh would , but I'm a control freak and did it faster and more efficiently than he did. I have to have everything completely straight. It makes me crazy to open up pants and see diaper tapes crooked and the diaper on awkward. Lol.
Kaddidle Care 02:21 PM 07-15-2011
Awww - she'll get it - she just needs practice. We were all new to this at one time also. She's still at the "my baby might break" stage.
Tags:diaper changes, funny, poopy diaper
Reply Up