Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Going To Pull Out My Hairs...HELP
daycare 11:51 AM 06-08-2017
I started a new child monday of this week. Started out great. today it was like a bomb went off.

the child has good behavior. BUT......she has cried almost all day. She has never been in care before, age 3. just turned.

drop off great. no crying 10 min later will ask mommy come daddy come. I show her the picture schedule and show her saying yes. crying stop....goes to play....10 min later rinse and repeat.

I am not joking I think she has asked what feels like a moillion time and I have done the above 100 times over and over and over and over and over OMG!!!!!!! Weh ave also just ignored this question and just kept moving on with whatever we were doing, but it doesn't work.

when she cries, we move her to the other side of the house and show her the crying spot, but nothing works. she is fine for about 10 min, will come out play and then 10 min later will ask mommy come, daddy come and it's been like this since 8am..... the kids and I are done.

I have also opened the door and showed her that her parents are not here, but will be here after nap. I have pictures of her parents that I show her and tell her yes they are going to come. nothing works..

any other ideAS????
Ariana 11:53 AM 06-08-2017
The only thing that has ever worked for me is the crying chair and then complete ignore...for 8 hours if need be. Pretend she isn't there. Takes a few days but ANY attention reinforces the behavior. Also make sure she can see you from the crying spot so she can see you all having fun.
daycare 01:54 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
The only thing that has ever worked for me is the crying chair and then complete ignore...for 8 hours if need be. Pretend she isn't there. Takes a few days but ANY attention reinforces the behavior. Also make sure she can see you from the crying spot so she can see you all having fun.
I don't know if I could do that. I'm trying to gain her trust. What do you think?
bklsmum 02:23 PM 06-08-2017
I just had one we went through this exact same thing with. We tried the constant reassurance every day all day for about 2 weeks and then when nothing got better I decided that was done. He got his own chair for when he was flipping out and went on it every time until he calmed down. He was allowed to ask one time when he got here if Mommy and Daddy were coming later and then we ignored the rest of the times. It took about another week or two and then he stopped. He still acts up with it every once in a while but we are a few months in now and he has assimilated. I wish I had taken the harder stance earlier because it was better for everyone, including him.
racemom 04:57 PM 06-08-2017
When she asks when mommy comes, turn it around and ask her to show you on the schedule. See we are doing this right now, when does mommy come? Mommy comes after nap, we have lots to get done before then so we better get busy. I also talk about that mommy is at work, when mommy gets done she will come.
daycare 05:11 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by racemom:
When she asks when mommy comes, turn it around and ask her to show you on the schedule. See we are doing this right now, when does mommy come? Mommy comes after nap, we have lots to get done before then so we better get busy. I also talk about that mommy is at work, when mommy gets done she will come.
thanks.... I can't think straight, all of the crying has gotten to me.
Nene 06:00 PM 06-08-2017
Where to find grants at?
Tags:assimilate, separation anxiety
Reply Up