Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>I Am Not Your Personal Slave
Desi 07:48 PM 06-24-2015
Hi all, this is my first post--sorry it has to be a negative one--
I opened up my very own daycare almost two years ago. My very first client was a 5 moth old baby. In the beginning DCM was a dream. She dropped off when she said she would as well as pick-ups, she paid in a timely manner every week. Things have since took a turn for the worst a couple of months ago. It started when around 10:00am (her drop-off time), I had become aware of a medical emergency in my family and I need to be there to aid in handling this emergency. I phoned DCM and informed her that I had an emergency to tend to and would have to unfortunately close due to unforeseen circumstances. DCM snapped and said " well what are you going to do? If someone in your family is having an emergency, they need to call an ambulance or get to a hospital, you are not a doctor so you can't do anything" I couldn't believe what I was hearing (did she just say that?) She continued "I'm already on my way, so I'm bringing DCB!, as a matter of fact, Im already outside parking. If it's a true medical emergency, they don't need you, they need a doctor!" I was absolutely stunned and in shock that she was so insensetive yet in the past, when she has told me about family emergencies, she was the first one there. DCM brought DCB right to my door, handed me his things and turned to leave, before she left I advised her that I would need to leave early this day and she agreed and promised to be here for pick up at 3 pm (I close at 6pm) so that I can be with my family...she still showed up at 6pm as if nothing happened. I was fuming!!!!! Her utter lack of respect. I am human too, not her slave. At the time, she was my only client. My husband called her "the slave driver" I have since let her go on this Father's day that just passed for other reasons I will later share in another post...this is not even the icing on the cake!
Laurel 07:59 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by Desi:
Hi all, this is my first post--sorry it has to be a negative one--
I opened up my very own daycare almost two years ago. My very first client was a 5 moth old baby. In the beginning DCM was a dream. She dropped off when she said she would as well as pick-ups, she paid in a timely manner every week. Things have since took a turn for the worst a couple of months ago. It started when around 10:00am (her drop-off time), I had become aware of a medical emergency in my family and I need to be there to aid in handling this emergency. I phoned DCM and informed her that I had an emergency to tend to and would have to unfortunately close due to unforeseen circumstances. DCM snapped and said " well what are you going to do? If someone in your family is having an emergency, they need to call an ambulance or get to a hospital, you are not a doctor so you can't do anything" I couldn't believe what I was hearing (did she just say that?) She continued "I'm already on my way, so I'm bringing DCB!, as a matter of fact, Im already outside parking. If it's a true medical emergency, they don't need you, they need a doctor!" I was absolutely stunned and in shock that she was so insensetive yet in the past, when she has told me about family emergencies, she was the first one there. DCM brought DCB right to my door, handed me his things and turned to leave, before she left I advised her that I would need to leave early this day and she agreed and promised to be here for pick up at 3 pm (I close at 6pm) so that I can be with my family...she still showed up at 6pm as if nothing happened. I was fuming!!!!! Her utter lack of respect. I am human too, not her slave. At the time, she was my only client. My husband called her "the slave driver" I have since let her go on this Father's day that just passed for other reasons I will later share in another post...this is not even the icing on the cake!
There is no way I would have admitted her that day but since you did and she didn't show up at 3 I would have termed immediately and I never termed anyone in 20 years!

Laurel
childcaremom 02:15 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Laurel:
There is no way I would have admitted her that day but since you did and she didn't show up at 3 I would have termed immediately and I never termed anyone in 20 years!

Laurel

Oh my! Sorry you had to deal with that.
Play Care 03:35 AM 06-25-2015
It's time to send mom a termination notice.

I have had to term families but usually due to the kids not fitting in, or losing spaces. That makes it harder because it's nothing anyone did that was "wrong."

In your case it would be easy
Unregistered 07:00 AM 06-25-2015
I wouldn't have opened my door to her. She can't leave her kid unless you let her, so she would have never made it past my porch. And with such disrespect, she would never be welcomed back to my house. Glad you let her go...save yourself the drama and headaches!
Thriftylady 07:39 AM 06-25-2015
I don't think I would have accepted the child. But I wouldn't allow her to treat me this way again. And sadly since she got by with it this time, she may think she can again with something else.
midaycare 09:31 AM 06-25-2015
Oh my. Buh-bye. Don't let the door hit you on your way out!
Play Care 09:34 AM 06-25-2015
I missed where you termed!

If you let people walk on you, they will. Good for you!
AmyKidsCo 12:57 PM 06-25-2015
Good for you for terming!

No one gets to tell me how to handle a family emergency except MAYBE my family.

How rude!
e.j. 02:29 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Desi:
I have since let her go on this Father's day that just passed for other reasons I will later share in another post...this is not even the icing on the cake!
Wow! If her reaction to your family emergency didn't earn her an immediate termination, I can't imagine what finally did! Can't wait to read the final chapter! Must be a relief to have her gone, at least.
Thriftylady 02:57 PM 06-25-2015
I somehow missed you had termed also, I read it that you were thinking of it lol. I got to quit reading and being on the phone with DH and doing whatever else all at once! I am glad you termed.
Desi 08:34 AM 06-29-2015
Yes, she was so rude and inconsiderate. I felt like she saw me as her peasant server to do with what she pleases hence the title "slave". There was another incident shortly after this event that just pushed me over the edge. On Fathers Day 2015, I termed her over a text message. I didn't feel I owed her any consideration, or two week notice after this subsequent stunt. It was immediate, short and sweet. This will take a whole other post haha-this one is a doozy! Glad I'm not alone on my feelings!!
Tags:shell'skidfarm
Reply Up