Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Time Of Year Anyone Else Having A Hard Time?
momatheart 03:32 PM 03-01-2011
Do any of you struggle around this time of year with just needing winter to be OVER and warm weather and sunshine to be here?

Winters are long and we have had a doosey of a winter. I live in the midwest.
MommyMuffin 03:36 PM 03-01-2011
Yes very much so. When we get outside just even for 20 minutes it just makes my day. It is so hard to be inside all the time. It gets me down sometimes but I just day dream about what I will be doing this summer...sitting in the sun...drinking lemonade!!
Zoe 03:37 PM 03-01-2011
I'm in the Mid West too and yes, it's so hard. Especially since we had a really nice week of 40-50 degree weather and all the snow pretty much melted. Then by the weekend, we got 11 more inches! Now it's all nice again and one of my dcd's told me it's gonna get cold again! What?!? I know it's only March, but come on! Quit teasing me Mother Nature!

My husband struggles even worse with this as he has Seasonal Affective Disorder. Winter is very tough for him! All the grey days, you know?
momatheart 04:29 PM 03-01-2011
Seasonal Affective Disorder I should read up on this.
littlemissmuffet 08:34 PM 03-01-2011
My husband also suffers for SAD, severly.

Unfortunately, where we live, our winters are very long and very harsh - as a matter of fact it is -40 right now

I am sick of the cold, sick of the snow, sick of feeling trapped indoors...
looking forward to the beauty of spring - it's coming, slowly, but surely.
Zoe 08:46 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by momatheart:
Seasonal Affective Disorder I should read up on this.
I hadn't even heard about it until my DH really started having trouble, then miraculously got better every spring. If this is something that may be affecting you, yes, I'd definitely look into it.

Something else that works for less severe of issues is Vitamin D supplements. Gives you some extra "sun".

Hang in there! Spring will come!
Tags:chaotic time, hard time, overwhelmed
Reply Up