Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Deal With Hitting?
MizzCheryl 08:54 AM 04-24-2012
My 3 oldest kids all hit multiple times this morning.
My 2 yr old and toddler NEVER HIT.
All three 3 year olds hit the others and one threw a toy a someone head really hard. This is not usually an issue except for the one that threw the toy. He hits several times a week. I think he gets away with it at home with his siblings. He is the baby and gets what he wants alot.
How would you handle hitting? They are all smart kids and I really love them but this hitting has to stop. I do all The "use your words, touch nicely, ask for my help, modeling nice behavior, reinforcing good behavior stuff. It is not getting thru. Help
Ariana 10:12 AM 04-24-2012
If I had a 3 yr old in the situation you described I would be calling a meeting with the parents, coming up with a plan and if I didn't see improvement within 2 weeks I'd terminate.

It is completely unacceptable behavior and I don't tolerate it...especially if you think this is coming from lax parenting and not a developmental issue.
MizzCheryl 03:24 PM 04-24-2012
Thank you for the reply. I talked with DCM this pm. She said she will talk to him. He gets timeouts at home but I think he gets away with hitting siblings. I wonder if his hitting is not what is spurring the hitting from the other 2. They usually do not hit.
I am gonna have to nip this asap.
Mary Poppins 07:25 PM 04-24-2012
Dealing with this now, AGAIN, as a matter of fact. I have two step brothers who are just under and just over 3 who have begun wanting to do full on "fight club" style play and whaddya know, when I talked to dcm about it, it turns out dcd plays UFC fighting video games in front of them.

This is the second time in a few weeks I've had to deal with aggressive behaviors in my 3 and under crowd and both times now it is directly related to dcd's and their obsession with UFC stuff!

WTH?!

It's really not funny but I have to laugh or I will cry.

I am putting this family on probation tomorrow because it is getting wayyy out of control with it and the one punches his brother in the face whenever he isn't getting his way. When I address dcm with it she just says it's "normal boy stuff".

Parents these days.... ugh.
Country Kids 07:47 AM 04-25-2012
What do you do though when they aren't seeing it on tv but real life. I have a couple where siblings do football, wrestling and the little one then think that its ok to tackle people, wrestle them down, etc.

Thats where it gets hard! You can't control the family life but when the kid doesn't get it doesn't happen here what do you do?
Ariana 09:25 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins:
Dealing with this now, AGAIN, as a matter of fact. I have two step brothers who are just under and just over 3 who have begun wanting to do full on "fight club" style play and whaddya know, when I talked to dcm about it, it turns out dcd plays UFC fighting video games in front of them.

This is the second time in a few weeks I've had to deal with aggressive behaviors in my 3 and under crowd and both times now it is directly related to dcd's and their obsession with UFC stuff!

WTH?!

It's really not funny but I have to laugh or I will cry.

I am putting this family on probation tomorrow because it is getting wayyy out of control with it and the one punches his brother in the face whenever he isn't getting his way. When I address dcm with it she just says it's "normal boy stuff".

Parents these days.... ugh.
This reminds me of my friend who told me her son is acting agressively at daycare and she "doesn't know why" ...turns out after a bit of probing on my part she admitted that he watches UFC with her husband....he's 2.5 yrs old
Tags:aggressive behavior, hitting, violence
Reply Up