Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Phone Interviews
humblefam 01:02 PM 04-16-2014
How do you start a phone conversation with prospective parents? I am not a good phone person and I'm thinking of creating a little cheat sheet for phone calls. Any tips? I've been doing daycare for 15 years and up until now, have been operating mostly on referrals. But this time I have been needing to advertise and really work for it, so phone calls have been necessary. They don't ever seem to have much to say starting out. Then, I seem to totter between stumbling and then babbling because talking on the phone makes me nervous. Is it just me??
Blackcat31 01:07 PM 04-16-2014
Welcome to the forum!

I have an interview checklist them might be tweaked to fit a phone interview....

You can find it here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69623
SignMeUp 01:13 PM 04-16-2014
I made myself up a form that I keep on a clipboard so that if a prospective family calls, I am all set.
It's easier to cover all of the bases, especially any "stoppers" like hours that I can't/won't cover. My form says "hours needed including transportation" so that I word it that way when I ask.
Boxes at the bottom for rate that I gave them, any interview time set up, handouts that I gave at interview, etc.
This is my info page on this family until they register here. All of their contact info, where they work, child's b/d, everything.
humblefam 06:32 AM 04-17-2014
Thanks so much! This is super helpful
Reply Up