Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice on if I should be worried
mommyneedsadayoff 07:13 PM 03-16-2015
My daughter is 3 years old and always energetic, busy, verbal, full of life, ect. So here is a list of what has been going on the last few weeks and maybe one of you can help shed some light or advice on what could be going on?

She has been waking up very sluggish and pale and sometimes throws up right after waking. The throwing up has only happened a few times, but waking up pale and lethargic has been happening quite often. She is usually very warm and flushed when she wakes, even though her room is kind of chilly and she is not in warm jammies. My daughter's normal bedtime routine is 8:30, she goes right to sleep in her crib in her room with no issues, since she was a baby. Recently, she has been waking up during the night randomly. She goes back to sleep easily, but it is a new occurrence. Now, the most recent issue is that we spent most of our weekend outside landscaping and we were all pretty wiped out, so we took baths and went to bed early on Sunday. About 11pm, my daughter wakes up screaming bloody murder and I go into her room and she is terrified. She is shaking and crying and does not want her blanket because she said ti had bugs on it. This is the blanket she has had since birth and never leaves the house without. She was trembling really hard and did not want to be put back in her crib, even after we turned the lights on to show her everything was okay. She slept with us and is now terrified of even going into her room. She has spent most of the day laying on me or walking right next to me. SHe has barely ate and is not talking much and seems exhausted. Any help or advice on how to handle this would be so helpful! Thank you!

***Just to add, last weekend, the whole family (my hubby, son, and daughter) caught a stomach bug and were throwing up for a few days, in case that might have something to do with it?
Silly Songs 07:44 PM 03-16-2015
I would call her pediatrician and get an appointment . That's really the only person who can help you with this . I hope you can find out what's going on and your daughter feels better soon .
Josiegirl 03:05 AM 03-17-2015
I agree with SillySongs. Talk with her pedi, it could be nothing or a developmental issue such as night terrors keeping her awake. If she's not sleeping well anymore that could be causing her to wake up pale and lethargic. Definitely call the dr. to rule out anything physical going on. If you've all been sick, that can certainly be a disruption to her routine. Maybe even her fear of the blanket covered with bugs. Can you imagine being 3 yo and having a 'stomach bug'? Kids take things so literally and see things so differently than we do.
Good luck and hope she calms down soon.
Reply Up