Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-05-2020, 12:01 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Pregnant Providers

What extra precautions are you taking?

We just found out we are expecting. We have tried for years and had many losses. 🤞
Old 04-05-2020, 03:36 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

My sister-in-law is pregnant during this pandemic. She is staying isolated and letting my brother do the shopping. It is important that he use a mask and gloves when he goes out and then shed the gloves and wash when he returns home. He also removes and washes with soap and water all of the store items before putting them in the pantry and frig. Then wipes down all the counters that items have sat on. She also has her obstetrician-gynecologist appointment over the phone using video. She does not want to go to the doctors office.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers View Post

We just found out we are expecting. We have tried for years and had many losses. 🤞
Congratulations!!
Old 04-06-2020, 10:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

Congratulations!!
Old 04-06-2020, 10:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Congrats
Old 04-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

Congratulations!
Old 04-06-2020, 10:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers View Post

I am 37 weeks on Wednesday and just closed this week for multiple reasons. My number 1 reason is because I'm not sleeping well and it's worse on weekdays when I know kids are coming because I dream of illnesses. I feel that not sleeping is more likely to cause me to catch something than anything else. Other reasons are: I'm prone to premature labor and was dilated at my last checkup so this one is very likely coming soon, many of my parents really don't need care right now so why risk my health.

Before closing I took kids temps every morning at breakfast. I tried to get them outside as much as possible to spread out and get fresh air. I put a bunch of toys away so I could keep up cleaning easier. I had them washing and sanitizing constantly. I used a commercial air purifier in my main area. I opened windows to let fresh air in as much as possible. Cleaned knobs, sinks, surfaces, etc like crazy. I allowed absolutely NO ILLNESS symptoms. I asked the parents of 2 infants to keep out right off the bat... One is medical field drop in the other one traveled.

In general, I avoid stores and people but live rural in a community with no known cases yet so I'm able to go for walks with my kids. They bike usually for a few blocks with me before returning home. It's quiet here so I don't have to worry about bumping into people on the street. I hate going to my appointments but I still go armed with hand sanitizer. If I go anywhere, I change my clothes and wash right when I get home. I do the same with my kids and my husband does also. We all make sure to take a multi vitamin every day and vitamin d, plus an extra dose of vitamin c usually. I've been making sure we are eating a lot of veggies and fruit. I rinse our toothbrushes with peroxide after every use. Add some lemon and honey water to my diet and my kids when I think of it. I encourage them with a syringe for "Dr fun" or they probably wouldn't do it. My husband will not drink it.

I think that's about it! When I go to labor and delivery I plan on wearing an n95 mask on the way in since the entrance is through ER. Just praying and crossing my fingers everything goes well and we all stay healthy!

Congrats! you got this! Just ride this storm out, do what you've gotta do, and stay healthy!
Old 04-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Congratulations
Old 04-15-2020, 02:41 PM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks everyone!

So far my husband does the shopping when we can not do curbside pick up. All my families but one are teacher families. I am down to one kid in care and they are super careful. I am svhool year only, so I am off June - August. I am high risk so I will have to go in, but they are offering virtual visits for some things and when weather permits, car side appointments for the stuff they can do that way. Praying this is the one.

Tags
coronavirus - management, covid-19 - precautions, pregnancy - coronavirus