Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT: Anyone in Oregon? No. Cal? Looking to Move, Need to Talk Weather
DaisyMamma 04:32 AM 04-16-2013
Looking @ Medford Area, but want to talk to anyone sort of near the area about everything from weather to way of life, cost of living, etc. Please PM me!
just_peachy 05:13 AM 04-16-2013
My grandpa grew up in Medford! It's a tiny town, but it's cozy and the weather is SO much nicer than up here in Portland. More sun, less rain. I can't help you with any of the other stuff because I've only ever visited, but I wish I could transplant their weather up north a few hours!

Where are you moving from?
DaisyMamma 05:31 AM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by just_peachy:
My grandpa grew up in Medford! It's a tiny town, but it's cozy and the weather is SO much nicer than up here in Portland. More sun, less rain. I can't help you with any of the other stuff because I've only ever visited, but I wish I could transplant their weather up north a few hours!

Where are you moving from?
Connecticut!
Its usually 10-20 degrees in Winter with lots of snow and I really really hate that.

Tiny town, really? I thought the population looked high for us and was considering Eagle Point BUT our current town has 3000 residents

If you don't mind I would love to talk to you. Can you PM me your phone# and a couple of good times to call?

You're up early! I was just thinking - Geeze I should have posted in a few hours, all those peeps over there are still in bed!
Country Kids 06:58 AM 04-16-2013
I pm'd you!
Lyss 08:07 AM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
Connecticut!
Its usually 10-20 degrees in Winter with lots of snow and I really really hate that.

Tiny town, really? I thought the population looked high for us and was considering Eagle Point BUT our current town has 3000 residents

If you don't mind I would love to talk to you. Can you PM me your phone# and a couple of good times to call?

You're up early! I was just thinking - Geeze I should have posted in a few hours, all those peeps over there are still in bed!
We just moved from the Medford area (actually eagle point!) 2 years ago to Salem. I loved Medford/Ashland area, the weather is much better than up north (I hate Salem)! The 6 years we were there we only had one winter of more than just a inch or so of snow. Summers get hot, we usually had at least a week of 100+ consistently.

I loved Eagle Point, it was small but had enough shopping that I wasn't running to Medford. I'd avoid White city or Central point (mainly White City) if your looking for outskirts of Medford.
Country Kids 08:38 AM 04-16-2013
I would definetly talk to Lyss!!!

See how people have different perspectives on things-
Heidi 12:17 PM 04-16-2013
My 23 yo son has been living in Ashland for the past 10 months. He loves it there...
Tags:oregon, oregon members
Reply Up