Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Using Computer For Illicit Activity At Daycare Site
fallbank08 02:04 PM 11-29-2010
There is a preschool near my house that operates at a local church. The church's minister was caught illicitly surfing p**ngraphy at church. His office is a few feet from where the kids do physical activities.

His wife runs the preschool and knows about her husband's p**n surfing. They have decided not to tell anyone that this has been happening and the church leaders decided to keep it quiet. The minister said he would stop surfing p**n.

Should the parents of the preschoolers be told what the preschool operator's husband is doing? Are the kids at risk?

Your advice is appreciated.
Crystal 04:35 PM 11-29-2010
This should be reported to child care licensing in your county. I would also contact local law enforcement/CPS, if the children have seen any of this, it is considered sexual abuse. I would do this IMMEDIATELY.
countrymom 10:35 AM 11-30-2010
and the center wasn't closed down. Hmmm, something doesn't sound right. And shame on him for looking at that stuff considering he's a minister and married. (I really don't care for p**n but he's a minister preaching to everyone, thats not right)
momofsix 10:52 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by fallbank08:
There is a preschool near my house that operates at a local church. The church's minister was caught illicitly surfing p**ngraphy at church. His office is a few feet from where the kids do physical activities.

His wife runs the preschool and knows about her husband's p**n surfing. They have decided not to tell anyone that this has been happening and the church leaders decided to keep it quiet. The minister said he would stop surfing p**n.

Should the parents of the preschoolers be told what the preschool operator's husband is doing? Are the kids at risk?

Your advice is appreciated.
Was in "adult" sights only, or sights that have minors on them? If it included any minors that is AGAINST THE LAW and should not be kept quiet at all. Then yes, the kids would be at risk. Call immediately!
If it was adult only sites, I'm going to assume he was in his office with the door closed/locked? Do the kids spend time in his office? Was he "busted" or did he just feel the need to confess and be held accountable? Is his office part of the licensed area of the church? is he part of the daycare staff? The answers to these questions would make a difference to me on whether or not the parents need to know.
I think p**ngaphy is disgusting, immoral and totally degrading to women (I'm only talking about the "legal" stuff (won't get into the illegal). I think you might be surprised at the huge amount of people struggling with addictions to p**n, And there's a whole group of people that see nothing wrong with it at all
On a side note: keeping things like this quiet rarely ever works, so I hope "they" are prepared for a leak.
Tags:illicit preschool minister
Reply Up