Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I tell dcp??
CraftyMom 08:12 PM 02-23-2014
All 3 of my kids have strep. They were diagnosed today (sunday). I closed daycare for tomorrow since it's so contagious.

I just told the parents my kids are all sick. Should I tell them it's strep?

I'm not sure. I feel like they should have a heads up, but then I don't want anyone overreacting when it's possible the others may not catch it.

If they ask I might tell them, not sure I want to offer the information without reason. Does that make sense?
Patches 08:27 PM 02-23-2014
I would tell them. I, as a parent, would appreciate the heads up
Play Care 02:54 AM 02-24-2014
Yes, I would let them know. When I have a contagious illness in my daycare, I send each parent a note saying "There has been a confirmed case of strep at ABC Child Care." I add what the symptoms are so the parents can look out for it as well as remind them of my exclusion policy.
coolconfidentme 04:11 AM 02-24-2014
My state requires me to inform DCPs of all contagious illnesses. I always inform even if the child wasn't in contact & may have gotten sick over the weekend. It's better to safe. Good luck!
Kaddidle Care 04:23 AM 02-24-2014
State required here as well.
itlw8 07:25 AM 02-24-2014
I am not require to tell them for strep BUT I do. Why because they can get treatment faster and the dr will often start the meds even if the rapid test is not positive.
CraftyMom 07:29 AM 02-24-2014
Thanks everyone, I informed all the parents and listed the symptoms to watch for, stressing the 24 hour antibiotic rule. I want it out of my house! You're right, faster diagnosis is best since they can keep passing it back and forth.
Reply Up