Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Uh, Okay, So My Countdown To End Went A Little Faster Than I Thought...
MaritimeMummy 09:16 AM 05-23-2013
Actually, I sort of knew once I gave my 1 months' notice for closing, that my main parent would jump the gun and she would pull her right away, and I wouldn't get paid for the rest of the month. I didn't really specify in my contract the policy on whether or not a parent has a right to just pull their child if care is ended with notice and not have to pay, so this is my fault and I don't really care either way. But out of curiosity, what do you all do when you end care with notice? If they take their kids out earlier than the time frame do they still pay until the end?

My daycare is run on an "as needed" basis, no set days in the contract.
rmc20021 09:26 AM 05-23-2013
I gave term notice to dcp's of my two sa boys about a month ago...actually hoping they would pull them before school got out. No such luck. Dcm told me they would stay until school is out. I even told her if she found someplace else for the kids in the meantime that I would be fine with that because I was hoping they would leave sooner rather than later.

What I am NOT fine with is the last two days of school are half days on Thursday and Friday and I really don't want them here. They are going to be all wound up with it being the last days of school. It's (hopefully) going to be warm and these two kids cannot find ANYTHING to do except aggrevate each other and argue constantly...unless I create things for them to do, and then that only lasts about maybe at most 5 minutes.

Then there will be the issue of my little kids taking naps...how am I going to put them down for naps when these two cannot occupy themselves???

The kicker is, I charge them 35.00 each per week and most weeks they are only here about 3, maybe 4.5 hours so I'm making a good hourly wage off them, but it just isn't worth it.

I would not have my feelings hurt in the least if they leave a week early...without pay.

Good luck on your retirement from childcare....
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:59 AM 05-23-2013
Do you have a two week notice in your contract, then they would owe you that. If not, I would say. yay your done!
mema 10:06 AM 05-23-2013
When I stopped doing SA care, I gave them 3 months notice hoping they would pull early. I just reminded them that if they were leaving before my set date, that I required a 2 week notice. Now, depending on the family, I may have let them go without the 2 weeks if they found somewhere to start right away.
cheerfuldom 12:01 PM 05-23-2013
I dont give a longer notice than 2 weeks. and I dont charge if they pull early.
Reply Up