Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crayon Removal
Lyss 09:09 AM 05-20-2013
All my DCKs are on mid morning drop offs for various reasons today. DH gets up with DD and I get to sleep in! But when I get up DH is playing away on his laptop and DD is oddly quiet and out of sight. Giant red flag for a toddler right? DH says "oh she's just playing with the blocks next to the toy shelf"

WRONG! I find her next to the toy shelf with both markers and crayons. She had managed to get it all over herself, toy shelf, wall, toys, blocks, a bunch of books and surprisingly some paper too

I've managed to get the marker off the wall and toys (not the wooden blocks though) but the crayon is not coming off the wall. Suggestions?
Brooksie 09:13 AM 05-20-2013
Mr Clean Magic eraser!!!! Careful though, if you scrub too hard itll take off you paint lol
Laurel 09:25 AM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
All my DCKs are on mid morning drop offs for various reasons today. DH gets up with DD and I get to sleep in! But when I get up DH is playing away on his laptop and DD is oddly quiet and out of sight. Giant red flag for a toddler right? DH says "oh she's just playing with the blocks next to the toy shelf"

WRONG! I find her next to the toy shelf with both markers and crayons. She had managed to get it all over herself, toy shelf, wall, toys, blocks, a bunch of books and surprisingly some paper too

I've managed to get the marker off the wall and toys (not the wooden blocks though) but the crayon is not coming off the wall. Suggestions?
I love Magic Eraser too but have never tried it on walls, dunno.

I tried everything (didn't have a Magic Eraser then) to get crayon off of a white painted chest of drawers. I looked on the internet and tried everything but nothing worked until I tried mayonnaise. I had to scrub it pretty hard for pretty long but it worked. It probably also depends if your wall paint is scrubbable like semi gloss. If it is flat paint not sure. I couldn't believe mayo got it off though.

Laurel
butterfly 09:26 AM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Mr Clean Magic eraser!!!! Careful though, if you scrub too hard itll take off you paint lol
I've used this on walls many times. Best, easiest thing I've found to date...
rmc20021 09:27 AM 05-20-2013
I know it's frustrating...but had to laugh as it reminds me of when my girls were little.

I had left my dh in charge and came home to discover my 3 yo had all her beautiful wavy long hair chopped up.

Dh said they had only been in the bedroom for a minute...yeah, long enough to cut daughters hair, the dogs hair, all their barbie doll's hair, all their stuffed animal's hair...anything that had hair was bald (guess I should have been thankful they didn't quite get that far with daughter).

I was soooooo furious about daughter's hair I made dh take her to the salon to get it fixed because I couldn't stand to look at it.

KIDS!!! Or should I say DH'S!!!!
mema 09:29 AM 05-20-2013
Definitely try magic eraser!
sharlan 09:50 AM 05-20-2013
Careful with the Magic Eraser, don't rub too hard as it's abrasive. Try Goo-gone or Carbonna Stain Devils for ink and crayon.

The Carbona is in the laundry aisle. It's in a tiny yellow bottle. http://www.carbona.com/stain-devils/
Willow 10:11 AM 05-20-2013
Put a Kleenex over the crayon, newspaper over the Kleenex and then run a warm iron over the newspaper.

The heat will soften the wax and draw it right into the tissue.

Works for candle wax that drips onto tablecloths and carpets too
coolconfidentme 10:32 AM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:

Pledge!!! I remember using it when my son use to color on the walls. He's 30 now & gave up that bad habit!!!
MarinaVanessa 10:42 AM 05-20-2013
I always have magic erasers on hand because I can get crayon off of stuff so easily. My DS is notorious for finding the crayons and markers and going to town on everything except for paper. I'd deffinetely give it a try. DS got crayon on a chalkboard and that's what I used, worked great. I just got done cleaning the kitchen set too because he wrote on it with crayons a bit ago.
Lyss 10:52 AM 05-20-2013
I'll have to try the magic eraser, I know I have one somewhere! Thanks!

Originally Posted by rmc20021:
I know it's frustrating...but had to laugh as it reminds me of when my girls were little.

I had left my dh in charge and came home to discover my 3 yo had all her beautiful wavy long hair chopped up.

Dh said they had only been in the bedroom for a minute...yeah, long enough to cut daughters hair, the dogs hair, all their barbie doll's hair, all their stuffed animal's hair...anything that had hair was bald (guess I should have been thankful they didn't quite get that far with daughter).

I was soooooo furious about daughter's hair I made dh take her to the salon to get it fixed because I couldn't stand to look at it.

KIDS!!! Or should I say DH'S!!!!
I got the "I just checked on her a minute ago" after I found it . I know she moves fast but its like a 5ft section of wall thats now a mural plus the toys are on the opposite wall so she had to cross the room (not directly in front of him but close) with markers and crayons in hand. Plus from the placement of the handprints she must have colored herself first then the toys and walls so one would think a multi colored toddler with an armful of markers and crayons would be something you notice
Lyss 10:56 AM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
Put a Kleenex over the crayon, newspaper over the Kleenex and then run a warm iron over the newspaper.

The heat will soften the wax and draw it right into the tissue.

Works for candle wax that drips onto tablecloths and carpets too
Awesome thanks! There's one spot next to our fireplace where candle wax driped onto the carpet and it drives me crazy everytime i see it. I'm totally using this method on it!
Michael 12:21 PM 05-20-2013
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51310
wdmmom 12:26 PM 05-20-2013
Magic erasers or Goo Gone. I've used both. I've had better results with the Goo Gone, just make sure you have plenty of ventilation or you'll feel pretty loopy!
Tags:crayons
Reply Up