Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sub/Temporary Assistant/Pregnancy - CA
NillaWafers 05:34 PM 06-12-2015
Hi all! I am about 10 weeks pregnant and am preparing for all my appointments ect that are coming up.

I am having a hard time finding the qualifications for hiring a sub for my home daycare (in CA). Do the just need a livescan or do they also need cpr & first aid, tb test, and the health practices class? I read that someone else can fill in for me 20% of the time, but what about a long term sub position (like a month, but I would be on site). Would that just be considered an assistant?

I am semi-planning on hiring a short term sub for when I have the baby in january, but I'm trying to figure out how this is feasible. This is my third child - how did any of you deal with pregnany, childbirth, and maternity leave while dealing with a home daycare? This pregnancy was not planned I am still just starting out and have one DCK so this kinda threw a wrench in our plans. I feel like taking time off is going to hurt my starting this business out.

TIA for your replies.
Michael 06:01 PM 06-12-2015
More threads on subs here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=substitute
NillaWafers 06:36 PM 06-12-2015
Thank you, I did try searching earlier but I think I did it wrong! Only three posts showed up haha.
daycare 07:17 PM 06-12-2015
if they are over 18 they will need
cpr first aid
DOJ clearance
TB clearance

I have 4 asst. and I am in CA

now they can sub for you all day long as long as you are there or you can be gone 20% of the time.
NillaWafers 07:20 PM 06-12-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
if they are over 18 they will need
cpr first aid
DOJ clearance
TB clearance

I have 4 asst. and I am in CA

now they can sub for you all day long as long as you are there or you can be gone 20% of the time.
Ok awesome, I was having a hard time finding where it said EXACTLY what they needed. That's good news I thought they would need the preventative practices class too. They sure don't make it easy!
daycare 07:24 PM 06-12-2015
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
Ok awesome, I was having a hard time finding where it said EXACTLY what they needed. That's good news I thought they would need the preventative practices class too. They sure don't make it easy!
no they don't....only what I listed.

I make them pay for all of that stuff and after 90 days of employment I will refund them the cost to cover those things.... if they quit or get fired before the 90 day or I have to extend it, I don't cover the cost of the fees they paid to get all of the certs and clearances
Tags:maternity leaves, pregnancy, substitute
Reply Up