Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Parents and Guardians Forum

Parents and Guardians Forum Parents and Guardians should post and answer questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-15-2017, 07:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Daycare Fees

is it right for a daycare to post a childs name and amount owed if a week behind for all the other parents to see on the sign in sheet.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-15-2017, 07:55 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it right for a daycare to post a childs name and amount owed if a week behind for all the other parents to see on the sign in sheet.
Not illegal at all.
Not professional either but certainly motivating for the family to pay.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-15-2017, 08:02 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default It was me.

I was the one That was 1 week behind. I had talked to her last week and made arrangements to start paying every 2 weeks due to my check is starting every 2 weeks instead of weekly. when i went in monday she had posted it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-15-2017, 08:29 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was the one That was 1 week behind. I had talked to her last week and made arrangements to start paying every 2 weeks due to my check is starting every 2 weeks instead of weekly. when i went in monday she had posted it.
Even though you had already made arrangements that she accepted?

Like I said, not cool at all but she's not really breaking any laws.

Personally, I'd question her character if she did this to embarrass you AFTER you already talked to her about it.

That is the part I'd have a hard time getting over as a parent.

I would also think the other parents don't necessarily view her posting unpaid accounts openly as a negative thing towards you but more as a negative about her as a provider...kwim?


Have you tried to discuss this "posting" with her?
I'm sorry she did this to you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-15-2017, 11:12 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,219
Default

idk, not something I would do. I find it unprofessional.

Did she agree to the change in payment? How did she post it? Just next to your sign in sheet?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 8,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
idk, not something I would do. I find it unprofessional.

Did she agree to the change in payment? How did she post it? Just next to your sign in sheet?
My feelings too. Not something I would do at all and would definitely voice my displeasure if it'd been done to me under those circumstances. She already agreed to letting you pay that way yet posted it for all to see?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-15-2017, 11:51 AM
thrivingchildcarecom's Avatar
thrivingchildcarecom thrivingchildcarecom is offline
thrivingchildcare.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: California
Posts: 393
Default

I don't know if I would post an amount, but on my sign-in sheet there is a line for "Fee". I actually was just using it as a reminder for myself, but I think that it might be a reminder (and motivator) for the parents too.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default it was on post it note

she put it on a post it note stuck on top of the sign in sheet.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-16-2017, 09:42 PM
sahm1225's Avatar
sahm1225 sahm1225 is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Midwest - where winter never ends!
Posts: 1,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
she put it on a post it note stuck on top of the sign in sheet.
The only thing I can think of is that it was a reminder for herself and she forgot to take it off the sign in sheet?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2017, 09:57 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1225 View Post
The only thing I can think of is that it was a reminder for herself and she forgot to take it off the sign in sheet?
My thought exactly.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-17-2017, 01:34 PM
Sumshine's Avatar
Sumshine Sumshine is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1225 View Post
The only thing I can think of is that it was a reminder for herself and she forgot to take it off the sign in sheet?
I agree I handle all late payments and things of that nature pretty privately. I don't have a sign-in and sign-out sheet that the parents have to do but I have my own and I will write reminders next to it or leave certain paperwork out. If a parent happens to see it it's not my intention as a provider to "embarrass" them it's just so I don't forget!

Pickups & drop-offs can get pretty crazy and I forget to mention things all the time! The visual really helps me!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumshine View Post
I agree I handle all late payments and things of that nature pretty privately. I don't have a sign-in and sign-out sheet that the parents have to do but I have my own and I will write reminders next to it or leave certain paperwork out. If a parent happens to see it it's not my intention as a provider to "embarrass" them it's just so I don't forget!

Pickups & drop-offs can get pretty crazy and I forget to mention things all the time! The visual really helps me!
Do you take/have families on CCAP?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
collections, income - profit, payment - delayed, payment owed, professionalism

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Licensed DayCare vs. Private DayCare marylmr Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 45 09-16-2017 08:50 AM
Do Your Personal Children Help With Daycare Related Things? permanentvacation Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 53 06-29-2015 08:04 PM
No Wonder You Can't Find Daycare... blandino Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 08-27-2013 03:35 PM
2 1/2 Year Old Kick Out Of Daycare momagain Parents and Guardians Forum 12 04-29-2013 01:53 PM
Refusal To Listen...WWYD? Preschool/daycare teacher Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 29 02-08-2011 04:15 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming