Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: How many calls on average from potential dcf's do you get per week?
Fewer than one 15 68.18%
One or two 6 27.27%
Three or four 0 0%
Daily 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Often Do You Get Calls?
justgettingstarted 02:40 PM 10-31-2011
And, how many calls do you get on average for every child that is actually signed up?

I've been licensed for about a month now and am taking calls and holding interviews (well one so far, two more scheduled for this week). I got two calls the first week, nothing for two weeks, then three calls this week. I'm trying to gauge whether this is good. Also, how do the holidays effect your rate of calls/new kids?

Thanks!
sharlan 02:44 PM 10-31-2011
The only two calls I got in Aug, I signed up.

Lately, I've been getting about 2 calls a week, but I've turned them all down. I guess I'm too picky on what I want. I want all FT 2-5 yos, but that's not happening. I've been getting calls for part-time for infants, don't want or kindergarten, don't want that either.
misspollywog 03:22 PM 10-31-2011
I've only been open for 2 weeks and the calls are quite sporadic. I started advertising 2 weeks before I opened and really have only used CL up until this weekend when I put flyers and road signs out.

I got 4 the first week, none the second, three the third and today nothing. Of course I know it takes time but this waiting thing is soooo hard!
daycare 04:03 PM 10-31-2011
I have really worked hard on my website and have been posting on every web/search engine possible. I went from 3 hits a day to 28 hits a day in less than 2 months. I have been getting calls at least 2 a week, but most of the calls are all infants. I only take 20 months to 5 yr not in school.

I was also getting a lot of part time calls for half days, but was not open to it before. Well I gave in and posted my rates for half days. an AM shift and a PM shift...I got 3 calls on it just today... SO it looks like I have to give the people what they want..
rbmom 04:29 PM 10-31-2011
About half of the families that call for info sign up with me.
WImom 01:21 PM 11-01-2011
About once a month and about one email a month. I'm very limited though. Only ages 2-5 and only open 7-4:30. I'm fine with that, I have 7 kids and only one opening. Hoping to fill that last spot soon though. I've being very picky because I have an AWESOME group of kids right now.
Heidi 01:36 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by WImom:
About once a month and about one email a month. I'm very limited though. Only ages 2-5 and only open 7-4:30. I'm fine with that, I have 7 kids and only one opening. Hoping to fill that last spot soon though. I've being very picky because I have an AWESOME group of kids right now.
dont know where you are in WI, but here in Juneau County it's been kind of slow. I am technically full now, but if one family ever leaves, I loose four kids, so I would love to be getting a few calls just to know I'm needed!
Tags:poll, potential client
Reply Up