Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Mexican Pasta Vegetable Bake
Former Teacher 07:48 AM 11-06-2011
I found this delish recipe on the Kraft website. I will make this again however next time I won't add the cilantro :#

3 cups of rotini pasta, cooked
2 jars #16oz each# Taco Bell Thick N Chunky Salsa
1 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 can #15 oz# black beans, rinsed
1 pkg. #10 oz# frozen corn, thawed, drained
1 pkg #7 oz) shredded cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Pre heat oven 375F

Combine the first 5 ingredients, stir in half of the cheese

Spoon into 13X9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, top with remaining cheese.

Bake 20 mins or until heated through. Top with cilantro.

Makes 8 servings
Attached: veg bake.jpg (131.1 KB) 
sahm1225 08:43 AM 11-06-2011
why wont you add the cilantro? That looks delicious!!

I have a similar just as easy recipe:

- onions (chopped)
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 can of chilli beans
- garlic
- crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese

Cook ground beef with onions and garlic (drain fat if desired). Add can of chilli beans and simmer for about 5 minutes.

Transfer to a baking dish. Top with crushed tortilla chips. Add the shredded cheese. Dallop sour cream. Bake at 350 for 2o minutes..

serve with either tortilla chips or tortillas.
Former Teacher 09:42 AM 11-06-2011
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
why wont you add the cilantro? That looks delicious!!
Thanks!

p.s. I don't want to add the cilantro is because both me and DH didnt like the taste of it. If anything I might add just regular chives or parsley. Your recipe sounds delish too!
janealb 02:28 AM 12-06-2011
Thanks! This sounds delicious!
I make quiche quite often. The kids love it. This is one of their favourite recipes:
Ingredients

* 1/2 pound pork sausage
* 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1/4 cup butter
* 2 frozen pie crusts, thawed and ready to bake
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon melted butter

1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake pie shells in the preheated oven until edge of crust is golden, about 10 minutes. Set crust aside, and lower the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and stir in the sausage. Cook and stir until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Place the sausage on a towel lined plat,e and discard any excess grease from the pan. Add the mushrooms and butter to the skillet, and cook and stir until the mushrooms are a light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Spread sausage and mushrooms evenly over the bottom of pie crusts.
3. Combine the cream, eggs, flour, butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour into the pastry crust, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly cover the sausage mixture. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake until light and puffy, about 35 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing.

* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Tags:pasta, pasta - mexican, recipe
Reply Up