Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>4 month old Won't Nap....
knoxmomof2 08:05 AM 06-17-2019
Hey all! I have a new infant (4 months old) from a previous daycare family. DCM says baby goes down on her back, drowsy or asleep, no swaddle, etc but I can't get her to nap here! She'll fall sleep in my arms after her bottle, but the minute I lay her down, she's awake and freaking out. I've had 3 infants of my own and this is my second infant in care in 6.5 years. My 1st DC infant just went to sleep after their bottle. No problem.

I've been letting her cry for 15 minutes and then getting her up. She does not fall asleep. Just cries. Today, her first full day, I had my teen daughter sit with the 2 yo DCG and my own 18 month old and tried EVERYTHING.... Pats, rubs, shushes, etc. Nothing worked. I was in the nap room with her for 30 minutes working with her. If I picked her up and rocked her, she'd fall asleep. Lay her down... Nope!

For those of you who do infants, what do you do in these situations? Do you just let them cry? How long? The crying doesn't bother me, I'm there with her and she's safe, but I'm curious how you all handle this. I'm willing to put in the time figuring it out.

Thanks in advance!
Tags:graduated extinction
Up