Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have You Ever Woke Up In A Hotel Room?
Michelle 12:27 PM 04-25-2016
Have you ever woke up in a hotel room confused for just a second as to where you are?
Then you remember, oh yea, I am on vacation or business trip etc.
Well, kids experience this too when they start daycare or stay at grandmas.
Except they are so young and it can become frightening to them. This is why some kids wake up screaming at daycare and at home.
I have had some parents tell me that their kids wake up screaming in the middle of the night and they think there might be something wrong. They just don't know where they are for a minute.
I just tell them it is a normal adjustment period and they will soon be able to get used to the routine.
Anyway I just thought this might help some newbies

MunchkinWrangler 12:32 PM 04-25-2016
I totally agree with this! I have always spoken to babies saying things like, we're at Munchkin's house and talking really soothing to them. This has usually caused the crying to settle down a lot sooner.
Michelle 01:02 PM 04-25-2016
Yes, I do too
It's just we live in a world where sudden screaming or nightmares in the middle of the night might be perceived as " something going on" at daycare and it's usually just an adjustment period. During my interviews I usually mention this so they can expect it if it happens.
nothingwithoutjoy 05:00 PM 04-27-2016
a) You make a really good point. I like this way of connecting parents to their kids' feelings.

b) I was really scared by the title of this post...wondered what the heck did you do last night???
Ariana 09:56 AM 04-28-2016
This makes total sense! I never really thought of it that way.

I also came here for some salacious story of hotel shenanigans
Tags:weird
Reply Up