Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

Post Computer Program To Organize What Kids Are Attending?

I feel like running a daycare is sometimes like playing Tetris! I have some kids that are part time, or have odd hours, and I'm trying to find a calendar or a scheduling app so I can see what kids I have, when. It will also help me to make sure that I keep within my ratio. Summer is coming, and between vacations, teacher's kids, and an influx of school agers, I am looking for an easy way of keeping track. Right now, I use an excel work sheet with all of the kids names in and boxes highlighted, but I'd like something a little more user friendly that is easy to edit. Anyone have an idea for me? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am old fashioned paper and pencil kind of girl. I use a calendar I printed with numbers on each day 1-8 (registered for that many kids). I write in who is coming on which day, and parents can 'pick up' days I have open by writing their child in, filling out my form and paying for the day in advance. Easy for me.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

https://www.ataglance.com/ataglance/...C520%29/AYC520

I love this website in a, most likely, unhealthy way.

The above product will help you, specifically. The below product is my family time management lifeline.

https://www.ataglance.com/ataglance/...28PM53%29/PM53
Old 02-23-2017, 03:50 PM

I have only part time kids but I need to manage days and ages. I have a MOM calendar for my fridge where I write the first initial of each child who will be coming. Most of the kids are on a set schedule but two change each week (plus some like to pick up days or switch days and
I offer a different day for a holiday usually) I then bought a cool weekly (mon-sun) dry erase calendar with a cork board portion at the dollar store that I hang on my pantry door. I write out the kids names on this and anything else going on that week that I need to keep track of.

I have tried apps but I am just not wired that way. I need to see it in front of my face so that kind of technology just doesn't end up getting used.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:13 PM

Do you have an apple OS? I sometimes use my calendar on my phone and ipad to organize things too. I like it because you can set it to alert you if needed. This is how my husband organizes all of his work meetings and home obligations.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:45 PM
starting daycare someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
I have tried apps but I am just not wired that way. I need to see it in front of my face so that kind of technology just doesn't end up getting used.
I'm very technical and computer savvy, but for scheduling, I still prefer the old fashioned way. It's nice to see the whole thing in front of you. Computer screens just aren't big enough.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

I use an Excel spreadsheeet.

Column headings are time, in 30 minute increments

1st column down is numbers 1-10 (my license capacity)- repeated 5 times for Monday through Friday so that I never go over capacity.

2nd column is child's name

Then I color in the rest of the columns to indicate age of child

So if a 2 year old attends from 7:30-5 M, W, F, his name is on a line for each of those days, and then filled in with the color for his age bracket across the sheet from 7:30-5.

At a glance I can see if I have an opening, and can count colors to see what age brackets are available.

I update the form every couple of months, or when a child is added or deleted.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:01 AM

http://www.bookfresh.com/

Sorry, left out the online one...
Old 02-24-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I'm very technical and computer savvy, but for scheduling, I still prefer the old fashioned way. It's nice to see the whole thing in front of you. Computer screens just aren't big enough.
This is exactly it! I need it out or I don't think about it. I also have the worlds worst memory
Old 02-26-2017, 06:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

I need this too!! I have a parent who keeps changing her needs and it is an 'under 2 yr old' so if he is here it changes my entire capacity and ratios.

I am currently using a chart I created, where I list each child's name and all of the days of the week. I put an 'x' if they are scheduled to be here and then have the totals at the bottom.

I am also hoping to add 2 kids before Fall, so this makes it even more fun to keep track of my openings!

What a pain!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

I use an excel sheet right now that's divided up by the 1/4 hr with all the kids names in and their times highlighted for each each day. I guess I'm looking for a scheduler that I can input names, plug in the times, and have it highlight for me, allowing me to select days and make changes that I will print out and hang up so everyone on staff can see who is here and when. It seems so easy...I wish I knew more about computers and how I could make a program!
Old 02-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
http://www.bookfresh.com/

Sorry, left out the online one...
See ... this right here is what I need too but not for $30/month. Why don't they have something like this for less? I'd love something like this even without the capability to have clients sign themselves up etc.

Tags
app, calendar, organizing, schedules