Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Think I Just Traded One Monster For Another
Snowmom 04:36 PM 10-22-2015
If you remember my last post... I recently termed a family because of dcm trying to argue my rates (among other reasons).
Well, I had a wait list that I emailed of 3 other families I had previously interviewed.
The one that immediately responded wanted to drop off a deposit immediately.
This dcm was a little flaky during the interview, but overall pretty nice and dck is the perfect age for my group.
They don't start for another week (my choice). Full time M-F, but the very first day I have available is a Wednesday.

Today I get a call that went like this:
dcm: "I want to talk to you about dck schedule. I have him at his previous school on the Tuesday the week after he starts with you for picture day there, so I don't know what I'm suppose to do about his schedule with you"
me: "I don't understand, are you asking me if he can start the following week?"
dcm: "no, he can start next Wednesday, but the following week he will be at his other school on Tuesday"
me: "Ok?" ...... (total deafening silence).
me: "Are you asking me if I will prorate that week?" ...silence...."I only prorate fees if I am unavailable. His first week, you will be paying for 3 days, but after that you will pay every Monday morning for his weekly fees". "After 90 days, I give FT families 5 days of free vacation time to use. This is all in my handbook, which I gave you at the first interview and again when you dropped off your deposit".
dcm: "Well, I just don't know what to do then. Do you want me to email this to you?" "I mean, it would only be for this one week. I want him to start next Wednesday and you'll have 3 days of pay then, but he'll be at the other place the following Tuesday"
me: "That's fine, you can keep him home whenever you like, my FT weekly fees are due on Mondays though".
dcm: "I'll email you and let you go, I don't want to take up your time on the phone".

What the peanut butter and jelly just happened here?
Ariana 04:51 PM 10-22-2015
Sounds like she is confused about your policies and wants to email you to argue with you through email. My guess is she doesn't understand the term "prorate"!

Looks .like. you. will. need. to. spell. this. out. for. mom.
Thriftylady 04:59 PM 10-22-2015
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Sounds like she is confused about your policies and wants to email you to argue with you through email. My guess is she doesn't understand the term "prorate"!

Looks .like. you. will. need. to. spell. this. out. for. mom.
I agree send her an email and explain it.
Snowmom 05:11 PM 10-22-2015
The weird thing is she never came right out and said what she wanted, she tiptoed around it. I had to guess after sitting on the phone in complete and utter silence.

Of course you're both right though, she might just be that kind of person that needs it spelled out.
Preschool/daycare teacher 06:37 PM 10-22-2015
I got the impression she wasn't taking no for an answer and wants to e-mail so she can argue more. But it may be that she just needs it spelled out for her and thinks seeing it written out might help? I'm not sure, but that would turn my "payment problems ahead" alert on. Let us know what she does say when she e-mails. I'm sure I can learn something from this
Unregistered 11:18 AM 10-23-2015
I thought she was saying he won't be at your dc the first Tuesday of his M-F schedule.
"No problem. FT rates still apply"
Unregistered 04:18 AM 10-24-2015
To me she is saying, not coming Tuesday, doesn't want to pay for it.
childcaremom 09:16 AM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
That's how I read it, too. I would answer as above: "No problem, FT rates still apply."

If there was ANY more talk after that: "I'm sorry. My program is not a good fit for you." The end.
NillaWafers 05:25 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
That's what is sounds like. The awkward silences are probably her waiting for you to say "Oh it's ok, you don't have to pay for that day", which is not gonna happen haha. She's trying to say it without saying it - so silly.

Just email her your absence policy haha.
Tags:bad fit, problem child
Reply Up