Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rates & Fees
Unregistered 10:48 AM 08-03-2012
I am a stay at home mom with one daughter, 4yrs. I started watching my neighbors kids a year ago. They are two boys ages 6 yrs and 2 yrs. The older one is about to go back to school and so my rates are about to change. But this is the first time I am looking to create a policy or contract. When I started I was getting $150 a week to watch the kids from 7:30 am till 5:30pm, (10 hr days, 4 days a week). That does include the older one that goes to school and comes at about 3 oclock. The parents are constantly dropping their kids off late and picking them up late. So I am considering making a policy with a fee for late pick up. Also they are asking if I can help take the older one to school and pick up. What are peoples policy on this and what do most people charge for both the late charge and the pciking up from school?
Texasjeepgirl 11:54 AM 08-03-2012
You need a PARENT HANDBOOK.. policy list.. contract.. SOMETHING... this is why they are taking advantage of you with the drop off and pick up times... I think EVERYONE that cares for children.. whether they are a small caregiver such as yourself.. or a LICENSED child care provider of a larger group.. should have Policies IN WRITING.. for everyone's understanding and protection..
You are welcome to read mine..
My Parent Handbook is not perfect.. full of typo's .. I'm sure.. but... here it is...

www.tammyschildcare.com

MyAngels 04:05 PM 08-03-2012
There's also a sticky thread at the top of the forum that has information about handbooks, policies, etc.
Reply Up