Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Help Chicken Pox
hottie8962 11:27 AM 10-26-2015
I need some help I have never dealt with chicken pox.two kids didnt show up today so I called mom and one has the chicken pox.I haven't had them since Thursday because they went out of town.my said she will said her other child tomorrow so I need some advice so i can talk to her and to when they should be allowed back.I do not plan on letting the other child come either.
spedmommy4 12:31 PM 10-26-2015
The incubation period for chicken pox is 14-16 days. The child is contagious until all of the pox are completely scabbed over.

My advice on allowing sibling to return would depend on whether the little one was vaccinated for the chicken pox. My middle son got the chicken pox at 11 months old. His brother had already been vaccinated and, despite regular close contact, never caught the chicken pox,

If the sibling isn't vaccinated, I personally wouldn't allow either to return until the child with chicken pox was past the contagious phase.

But . . . I also have an infant in my program who isn't old to have had her vaccinations for chicken pox. My policy is based on not wanting to risk exposing an infant.
Tags:chicken pox, contagious diseases, diseases
Reply Up