Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Parents and Guardians Forum

Parents and Guardians Forum Parents and Guardians should post and answer questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 02:45 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Parents not paying on time

I am just wondering, why some parents think they don't have to pay us on time. Daycare payment should be at the top of their list of things to pay, it is their child that is the focus here. I have one family that has paid late 3 out of the last 4 weeks. They say they will be here to pay, show up 2 to 3 days later. How would they like it if their employer bypassed them on payday. I get so frustrated with parents that abuse us providers. This is our job, our income, just like when they go to work and collect their checks faithfully every week. I think some parents think we do this for fun because we don't have anything else to do. Hmm, I put in in excess of 10 1/2 hour days, clean, prepare curriculums, cook, and that isn't counted in the 10 1/2 hours. If it was, I would probably be making about .75 an hour.

To all you dc parents out there who pay on time and respect your dc provider. THANK YOU. Unfortunately it is the "bad ones" that have caused us to go with contracts, handbooks, etc.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off