Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cots
daniellesweety1 07:31 AM 03-17-2014
Has anyone ever used the Regalo, My Portable Cots? I was just looking on Walmart and they have those, it has good reviews and I like the fact that I would be able to store them easily. I read one review where someone used the crib mats on top. I priced those and they aren't expensive. So would anyone recommend this? Especially starting out.

Thanks All for your help
melilley 07:52 AM 03-17-2014
I heard that they do not last long in daycare settings. I was thinking of buying them too, but didn't because of that reason. I would look on cl for used cots or I purchased mine through discount school supply. I bought the value line at a reasonable cost. Plus I don't think licensing would allow crib mats on top of cots.
daniellesweety1 08:04 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I heard that they do not last long in daycare settings. I was thinking of buying them too, but didn't because of that reason. I would look on cl for used cots or I purchased mine through discount school supply. I bought the value line at a reasonable cost. Plus I don't think licensing would allow crib mats on top of cots.
Ok, I have been looking on Discount school too. Are they easily stored in a closet? I'm trying to figure out what to do with them over the weekends? Without having to carry them up and downstairs. Not sure if they would fit in my tiny closet lol. Guess I may stick with the cots from discount school since I already know what they look like and schools use them.
Cat Herder 08:06 AM 03-17-2014
I added some tags at the bottom to take you to other previous threads about cots.
daniellesweety1 08:07 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I added some tags at the bottom to take you to other previous threads about cots.
Ok I will check them out. Thanks
melilley 08:08 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Shoot I always forget about putting tags on posts!
melilley 08:11 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by daniellesweety1:
Ok, I have been looking on Discount school too. Are they easily stored in a closet? I'm trying to figure out what to do with them over the weekends? Without having to carry them up and downstairs. Not sure if they would fit in my tiny closet lol. Guess I may stick with the cots from discount school since I already know what they look like and schools use them.
I'm not sure if they would fit in a closet since they don't fold up. I just stack mine in the corner of my ds' s room.
daniellesweety1 08:17 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I'm not sure if they would fit in a closet since they don't fold up. I just stack mine in the corner of my ds' s room.
I'm going to try to make this work best I know how lol. Being as though I can get licensed for up to 8, I figured I would have either 2 Pack n Plays and 6 cots, or either 8 cots. I'm going to just purchase 8 just in case I don't have any infants. That'll probably be the best solution. I just hate the fact licensing want it set up before you are even approved lol. What if they say no lol I'm stuck with this stuff lol. I don't think they would though.
Mom o Col 08:38 AM 03-17-2014
I use the Regalo cots. I've had them for two years and they've held up beautifully. They come with their own removable sheet so you can wash that. The only thing I would say is be sure the kids do not jump on them but they shouldn't be doing that anyway. Affordable, easy to keep clean, super portable, space saving. I really like them.
daniellesweety1 08:43 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Mom o Col:
I use the Regalo cots. I've had them for two years and they've held up beautifully. They come with their own removable sheet so you can wash that. The only thing I would say is be sure the kids do not jump on them but they shouldn't be doing that anyway. Affordable, easy to keep clean, super portable, space saving. I really like them.
Yes I wouldn't let them jump lol. They do look really thin though, How do you feel about that?
redmaple 08:54 AM 03-17-2014
I've had the Regalo cots for just over a year and they work great so far and still look brand new. I've used them for age two plus, and they have slept better in them than in pack'n plays. They also fall asleep faster in them. I'm thinking because they can't stand up and move around on them as much. I have a 21 month old I'm thinking to start in one very soon, as I think it will help her sleep better than a pack'n play.
Luvnmykidz 09:02 AM 03-17-2014
I have two of the regalo cots. I am awaiting my final inspection as well so I currently don't have any daycare kids. My ds (4) uses one regularly for his nap time and it seems to be holding up really well. He likes it and sleeps better and longer than just on a mat. I have purchased mats and playpens but that is because I know the cots will not fit in my foyer closet and I don't have anywhere else to store them.
Mom o Col 09:10 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by daniellesweety1:
Yes I wouldn't let them jump lol. They do look really thin though, How do you feel about that?
The kids don't seem bothered at all. I've had anywhere from age 18 months to age 4 yrs sleep on them. I read in some reviews that they used to have a bar across right where the child's back would be resting but it isn't like that now. I think the cot kind of cradles them if you know what I mean. I do give them a pillow for their head (I'm legally unlicensed and not sure if licensing regs allow for that?). They take nice long naps, no problem. The only issue I've had is that recently somehow one of the screws at the corners of the cots came out but it was a super easy fix and like I said I've had them two years with no other problem. And I'd imagine if you purchase through Wal Mart you should be able to return them if they aren't to your liking.
mountainside13 10:38 AM 03-17-2014
I guess I'm the odd one out. I tried them but they didn't last 2 months! The fabric would tear away from one of the corners and be useless.
Jack Sprat 10:42 AM 03-17-2014
I use them as well. One has broken but, that is because my own child jumped on it. I will buy be buying more.
daniellesweety1 06:51 PM 03-17-2014
The kids don't seem bothered at all. I've had anywhere from age 18 months to age 4 yrs sleep on them. I read in some reviews that they used to have a bar across right where the child's back would be resting but it isn't like that now. I think the cot kind of cradles them if you know what I mean. I do give them a pillow for their head (I'm legally unlicensed and not sure if licensing regs allow for that?). They take nice long naps, no problem. The only issue I've had is that recently somehow one of the screws at the corners of the cots came out but it was a super easy fix and like I said I've had them two years with no other problem. And I'd imagine if you purchase through Wal Mart you should be able to return them if they aren't to your liking.
I think I'm going to try them. I love the idea of being able to store them easily. I don't have a big house so I want it to look as normal as possible when daycare is not going on. If I don't like them I will take them back lol. I'll let my daughter be the tester child. If she sleeps well on it I will keep them.
Kelly 07:34 AM 03-18-2014
I use them and haven't had any problems except the sheets have torn at the corners but I had someone make me some sheets that fit better.
daniellesweety1 09:19 AM 03-18-2014
Originally Posted by Kelly:
I use them and haven't had any problems except the sheets have torn at the corners but I had someone make me some sheets that fit better.
Do you use regular crib sheets?
Tags:cots, cots - pillows, cots - sheets, cots vs mats, safe sleep
Reply Up