Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just for Fun....
caregiver 12:45 PM 04-29-2014
I love the song "Happy" from Despicable Me, sung by Pharrel Williams and I have found videos on u-tube of him singing the song and some of the videos are from different countries and has people dancing to the song and it is really a contagious song and makes you really feel happy.
I have been playing it for the kids as we do music everyday so they get exposed to different kinds of music, but they love the song and dance to it and are having just a blast dancing to the music. If you dck's are driving you crazy lately, like mine were.....if you have a computer that you maybe have u-tube on there, try getting the video on once for the kids and let them have fun dancing to the song,they really have a blast!
Just something fun to do.
drseuss 02:42 PM 04-29-2014
Good suggestion! That is such an upbeat song. We need a little 'happy' around here after the long winter. It snowed once again today!
Unregistered 03:35 PM 04-29-2014
My dcbs love it when I put on Wipeout or any other rockin' surfer music. They fake-surf in place on the floor and let me give them directions, like 'turn', 'lay on your belly and paddle',
or 'turn. turn. turn. turn.' When I say Turn they jump around to face the opposite direction. It cracks me up that they stay 'on' their non-existent surfboards.
Starburst 04:48 PM 04-29-2014
Originally Posted by care giver:
I love the song "Happy" from Despicable Me, sung by Pharrel Williams and I have found videos on u-tube of him singing the song and some of the videos are from different countries and has people dancing to the song and it is really a contagious song and makes you really feel happy.
I have been playing it for the kids as we do music everyday so they get exposed to different kinds of music, but they love the song and dance to it and are having just a blast dancing to the music. If you dck's are driving you crazy lately, like mine were.....if you have a computer that you maybe have u-tube on there, try getting the video on once for the kids and let them have fun dancing to the song,they really have a blast!
Ugh, I can't stand that song. It's too happy!

But the thing is that a lot of child development experts suggest trying to avoid using screen as much as possible and that children under 2 years shouldn't even be in the same room where a video screen is on. Some programs adopt a zero screen time philosophy. I went to an FCC orientation meeting in Oregon and they have a total screen time limit of no more than 2 hours per child over 2 years old during daycare hours, which if you have dedicated TV routine times set, that might put you over.
caregiver 07:44 PM 04-29-2014
Originally Posted by Starburst:
Ugh, I can't stand that song. It's too happy!

But the thing is that a lot of child development experts suggest trying to avoid using screen as much as possible and that children under 2 years shouldn't even be in the same room where a video screen is on. Some programs adopt a zero screen time philosophy. I went to an FCC orientation meeting in Oregon and they have a total screen time limit of no more than 2 hours per child over 2 years old during daycare hours, which if you have dedicated TV routine times set, that might put you over.
Sorry you don't like the song. I think it is such a uplifting song,personally for myself, it just makes you feel good listening to it and for myself again watching the videos of people dancing to it. I love the videos of the different countries as I love to see the scenery, some countries are so beautiful.
As for my daycare kids, they are not getting screen time all day, it is such a short time that I will play the video so they can have fun and dance to the music that it does not harm them at all. They love to dance and love to watch how the people dance on the video,they have a blast and they laugh and are just having some fun time. They are also getting exercise as dancing around is good exercise. Also it is not the t.v that the videos are on, it is on my computer screen. I don't think that it is harming them any at all to watch this video and dance to the music. I like to make the kids happy while here and if dancing to music which happens to be a video makes them happy, then I let them watch and have fun dancing to the beat. It is not harmful and I think there is so much being said about screen time and toddlers and not letting them watch anything,that they are missing out on some great things,limit the screen time of course, but it is certainly not doing them any harm.
I have parents that will bring over movies from home that their child wants to watch and they tell me so and so wants to watch this today so will you put this on for them. This is just my thoughts and I'm not saying any one else has to agree with me, I just like to let the kids have some fun time being crazy and have fun dancing to the music,
preschoolteacher 08:06 PM 04-29-2014
Sounds like a good song to me! I'll look it up.
caregiver 08:23 PM 04-29-2014
Originally Posted by preschoolteacher:
Sounds like a good song to me! I'll look it up.
It will make you want to dance too.
Fjordbak 09:21 PM 04-29-2014
Try looking up the version with Anthony Jasmin on YouTube, they did a cover during the Danish X-Factor this year. They were put together as a group after the auditons and ended up winning :-)
coolconfidentme 03:39 AM 04-30-2014
That's funny we do the same thing! It took DCH a few days to realize it was continually playing. He asked, "How long is this song?"
Laurel 04:19 AM 04-30-2014
I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Laurel
taylorw1210 04:47 AM 04-30-2014
I that song! It makes me happy as soon as I hear it playing. We dance to it sans video playing but I'm sure my DCKs would like to see others dancing to it, too. I'll have to try that today.
caregiver 05:59 AM 04-30-2014
You all will love dancing to the song and so will your dck's, I am totally addicted to the song. I played it for my hubby and now he is addicted to it!
It especially helps my spirits the last few days as it has been raining constantly the last 4 days and is cold here and it's getting so depressing!

Enjoy the song!
llpa 07:19 AM 04-30-2014
We have a positive affirmation everyday at circle time.. Like "I can choose to be happy today" and I play Happy by Pharrel ) on my phone. The kids love it and it gets everyone in a good mood! Every now and then we change it up but they love that one!
Christina72684 08:34 AM 04-30-2014
Is it his music video or a different one? My kids love dancing to YouTube videos. I have ChromeCast so we use it a lot, especially doing the Just Dance for Kids videos bc they have to copy what's on TV. It's music and exercise.
caregiver 09:48 AM 04-30-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
Is it his music video or a different one? My kids love dancing to YouTube videos. I have ChromeCast so we use it a lot, especially doing the Just Dance for Kids videos bc they have to copy what's on TV. It's music and exercise.
It is the music video, the original and then there are a lot of other video's on u-tube of the song where it is from different parts of the world and people are dancing to the song. I only let the kids pick out 2 video's they want to dance to of Happy and then when I have time in the evenings I like to watch all the other video's and see other parts of the world through the video's.
I just find it really interesting to be able to see what other countries are like even if it is through the video's because I will never get the chance to visit other countries in my lifetime.
Starburst 08:38 PM 04-30-2014
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a negative person (mostly) and I try to be positive but here they play that song all the time, everywhere! It's one of those songs where it sound like it's just repeating itself and gets stuck in your head until you are sick of it. When we drove to Oregon for spring break, it played like 20 times on the radio. The stations here brainwash you with the popular songs and my mom didn't let my brother or I bring any CDs because for some reason she likes the radio (though thankfully she doesn't like this song either and would try to change it when it came on).
Tags:just for fun
Reply Up