Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just a Vent.....
caregiver 07:18 AM 06-13-2014
It is 51 degrees here this morning, going to get to 75 degrees later, but why do parents bring their child in the mornings in a little spaghetti strap sundress, no sweater covering their little arms and the poor child has goosebumps all over because they are cold!
Does nobody pay attention to what the weather is going to be for the day!
Sorry, it just grips me that they bring their child not dressed for the weather, even in the early morning, figuring it will warm up soon.
Blackcat31 07:27 AM 06-13-2014
I'm 3-3.5 hours north of you and it was 34F here this morning!
Some areas reported frost.

I got to my daycare and both my air conditioner (on energy saving mode...the fan only runs) AND my furnace were on...

I got several kids with just sundresses and nothing else...no sweater, no jacket nothing.

I'm cold just looking at them.

I only questioned one mom and she said.."Well, it seems pretty warm in the house so she should be ok. Plus it is suppose to get warm this afternoon."

Good thing the child has extra clothing in her cubby basket from winter time...
sally 07:28 AM 06-13-2014
Yesterday where I live the weather never passed 73 and the wind was chilly, 1 dcm was upset that I didn't let her boys play in my small inflatable pool because they really wanted too. Im sorry its way to cool for that. I even stuck sweatshirts on the kids when we played outside.
SignMeUp 08:54 AM 06-13-2014
Yesterday it only got to the low 60s here. Kids came in shorts, sundresses. Baby had no socks
Kids came in asking if we would swim because we did the day before. When I said no, too cold, the parents looked at me like I was being silly
daycarediva 09:29 AM 06-13-2014
My daycare kids all came in pants today. It's 78 and HUMID. They were all sweating outside. I have the A/C on (to 74) to help cool them off.
Reply Up