Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!

New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! Introduce yourself. Find out how to use your account and forum features. Who are you? Why do you do/use daycare? What brought you here? What kind of daycare are you associated with?

Old 06-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default New Member

Hello there,
I'm also new here and totally overwhelmed, but I'll try to post more as I go so I can get use to it....nice to meet ya!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

We one to the forum
Old 06-09-2014, 11:20 AM

Welcome to the forum!

If you need anything, feel free to let me know
Old 06-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Daycare.com Member

Question Thank you~!!

Thanks, I'm still trying to understand the differences between being a nanny and watching 3 kids and being a in home daycare and watching 3 kids. I want to get my business license so we can start deducting our cost on things we spend for the kids but if it's just me and 2 little ones, I'm thinking I may just stay private and have fun that way. I have read through the licensed vs. unlicensed threads and I understand if you have a lot of kids but if its less than 4 and you are home and the parents want more of a nanny feel then why get licensed? My parents love that it's a very homey feel, my daughter is the same age as their children and it's more like a playdate. I even find the families through Care.com and they love my profile. So, I'm moving and hope to do this full time and remain compliant but not sure why I would want to get licensed if the families are so happy as things are. Thoughts??
Old 06-19-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa_in_Babyland View Post
Thanks, I'm still trying to understand the differences between being a nanny and watching 3 kids and being a in home daycare and watching 3 kids. I want to get my business license so we can start deducting our cost on things we spend for the kids but if it's just me and 2 little ones, I'm thinking I may just stay private and have fun that way. I have read through the licensed vs. unlicensed threads and I understand if you have a lot of kids but if its less than 4 and you are home and the parents want more of a nanny feel then why get licensed? My parents love that it's a very homey feel, my daughter is the same age as their children and it's more like a playdate. I even find the families through Care.com and they love my profile. So, I'm moving and hope to do this full time and remain compliant but not sure why I would want to get licensed if the families are so happy as things are. Thoughts??
You do NOT need a license in order to deduct supplies and expenses.

If you bring in any income from watching kids (1 or 100) you are entitled to claim expenses.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Welcome home! This is how I feel when I come here!
Old 07-17-2014, 04:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

Feel relax and comfortable to ask or give suggestion.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

Welcome! Don't be afraid to ask questions, everyone here is friendly and helpful.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Welcome .

Tags
deduction, unlicensed, virginia member