Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Lissa

Post We are Looking to Starting up a Christian Daycare - Need Info

I am hoping you can help me. I am hungry for any information you can give me to take to my meeting tomorrow. We are looking to starting up a Christian Daycare in our small town Norfolk, Nebraska. We have gone through all the approvals needed to start it up and now we are working on all of the info. needing to get this daycare going and self support itself.

Can you please provide me with any information that would be beneficial for me to take to our meeting tomorrow. Info. such as.....

Start-up Fees
Daycare Expenses
What to Charge
Etc.

Thanks so much!
MELISSA
Old 12-16-2009, 06:45 PM

Rates are going to be very locale dependant.....in Norfolk, you're not going to draw the same rates as a DC in SoCal, NYC, Chicago, etc, so you're going to have to research your local providers and go from there.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Daycare Member

Default Build-out/construction costs

You should also look into what the build-out costs will be for your space. Will this be in an existing building or from the ground up? Will the zoning allow a daycare use, amount of parking provided, etc... all these small details can snag your license once it comes time to permitting.

Tags
christian