Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Posting Sign In/Out Sheet
kcnjason 01:03 PM 07-19-2012
Where do others keep your sign in/out sheets located? On the wall, in a shelf? I need an idea. I currently have mine on a clip board and hang on a nail on the wall but it seems to be a huge pain. Suggestions would be GREAT!
Kiki 01:08 PM 07-19-2012
Mine is on a clipboard, on the wall on a nail too.
I don't see how it's a pain though, do the parents have to unclip the papers to sign their child in and out? Mine just take the clipboard down, sign, and then put it back.
Country Kids 01:19 PM 07-19-2012
In my entry way I have a table. On it I have a three ring binder with sticky tabs on the childs sign in sheet. Here's the tricky part-after the intitial first month, I stick the current months sheet behind it. Then at the end of the year I just take the years worth of sign in sheets and stick with my tax stuff. I also like keeping it together in the binder just in case the food program has any questions!
Truly Scrumptious 03:14 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
In my entry way I have a table. On it I have a three ring binder with sticky tabs on the childs sign in sheet. Here's the tricky part-after the intitial first month, I stick the current months sheet behind it. Then at the end of the year I just take the years worth of sign in sheets and stick with my tax stuff. I also like keeping it together in the binder just in case the food program has any questions!
I have mine on a table in a binder too.
Country Kids 03:24 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by Truly Scrumptious:
I have mine on a table in a binder too.
Great minds think alike!!!!
Truly Scrumptious 07:31 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Great minds think alike!!!!
Don't they though?
brookeroo 07:33 PM 07-19-2012
How do you keep them from writing down a different time than they actually dropped off/picked up?
Truly Scrumptious 07:48 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by brookeroo:
How do you keep them from writing down a different time than they actually dropped off/picked up?
I have a clock that sits right beside the sign in book, but I have a clock on the wall in the playroom, a digital clock that sits on top of the cozy box and a cell phone in my pocket.
I watch the clock at arrival and departure, because my parents have contracted hours, so I know what time each family is supposed to be coming in.
As the kids come in, I put their "monster" on the door. (Each year, whatever our "Back to School" theme is, I make the kids a name plate with their picture on it, that I laminate and stick magnets on the back of...this year was fuzzy monsters). My door to the playroom is metal so I just stick 'em up there as they arrive and take them down as they leave,so I know if they are late as well. They always write down the correct time.

I can't relax or start my day until I know everyone has arrived or if they are not coming because of illness or something.
Neekie 10:42 PM 07-19-2012
Mine are in a binder and the binder is in a plastic brochure type bin on the wall right next to the door where they come in. There is a clock on the wall, too. I constantly have to check to make sure my parents sign in and out and put the right time down. If the time is wrong or they sign in the wrong spot, I just white it out and correct it.
DaisyMamma 04:50 AM 07-20-2012
I have a shoe cubby next to the door, just the right height to put the clipboard on. I have a digital watch attached to the clipboard.
Crazy8 04:58 AM 07-20-2012
I have a table by the front door and a binder that holds the time in sheets. Like someone else said, this way I have the sign in sheets all together at the end of the year. I used to do the clipboard on the wall and always ended up losing sign in sheets here and there!!

I also have a weather station/clock on the table. Never have much issue with them writing the incorrect time but they don't pay by the hour so it isn't a big deal if they don't sign in for the exact time anyway - only thing would be if they sign out after 5pm and believe me - they will know they are late and better not try to pretend they aren't!!!
Blackcat31 07:15 AM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by brookeroo:
I have my sign in/sign out sheet by the door where I can access it.

I write down the times they arrived or picked up and then hand the clip board to them to sign/initial.

They can't write down the wrong times because I am the one writing it.

I don't do it for that reason as I have never had a parent try to be dishonest and write down a different time and I don't bill by the hour so it wouldn't matter if they did try.

I write the times, because I am weird and like my sign in/sign out sheets to be readable and neat.
Country Kids 07:22 AM 07-20-2012
I don't want to run to the door each and every time a parent comes in. I've never had trouble in all the years of doing it this way either.

I would know in a minute if someone had put the wrong time down as I know pretty much when someone has an "off day". All my parents are like clock work to.

Also, then if there is a question about their bill, I can show them the times they clocked in and out in. It will be their writing, not mine. I feel it would hold up better in court if there was ever an issue.
DCMom 07:37 AM 07-20-2012
Mine is on a clipboard on the corner of my desk. My desk kind of blocks entry into the main daycare room forming the entry area. There is also a small digital clock there, with a big bold display.

If the music (alarm) is playing when you pick up, you are late and I expect the late fees in the payment basket by the next morning. In cash.
Tags:sign out, signing in
Reply Up