Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Your first aid kit
kendallina 10:16 AM 10-02-2015
What's in your first aid kit? I feel like mine needs a little work...
littletots 10:39 AM 10-02-2015
First aid instructions, scissors, tweezers, sterile gauze, gloves, liquid soap in mini bottle, water in mini bottle, thermometer and bandage tape (bandaids). I keep one in my kitchen upper cabinet & one in van for field trip.
284878 07:36 PM 10-03-2015
Here is my state list
(a) Adhesive tape.
(b) Bandages (assorted sizes).
(c) Cold pack.
(d) Disposable gloves
(e) Gauze pads and roller gauze (assorted sizes). (f) Handsanitizer.
(g) Plastic bags.
(h) Scissors and tweezers.
(i) Triangularbandage.
kendallina 04:43 AM 10-04-2015
Thank you! I guess the main things I was missing was tweezers/scissors and a cold pack (I have some in the freezer, but should have some when we go on walks). Thanks! If anyone else has something in addition, please let me know!
Blackcat31 08:14 AM 10-04-2015
I also keep small index cards on a ring with ALL the family contact info and the child's info (DOB, medical conditions etc) in my first aid kit that we take with when we are outside or off site.

That way if I need to call for emergency services I have all the necessary child info and all the parent contact info.

Oh, and I keep a pair of latex gloves in my First Aid kit too.
childcaremom 08:16 AM 10-04-2015
Originally Posted by kendallina:
Thank you! I guess the main things I was missing was tweezers/scissors and a cold pack (I have some in the freezer, but should have some when we go on walks). Thanks! If anyone else has something in addition, please let me know!
What type of ice packs do you have? I have hard shell ones but just saw soft ones that would conform, and probably feel better, when held on to.
Febby 09:45 AM 10-04-2015
My state requires:
1. Liquid soap;
2. Adhesive bandages;
3. Sterile gauze;
4. Medical tape;
5. Scissors;
6. A thermometer;
7. Flashlight;
8. Cold pack;
9. First aid book;
10. Disposable gloves; and
11. A cardiopulmonary resuscitation mouthpiece protector.

We're not allowed to have tweezers in ours. Apparently removing splinters, etc. is considered surgery here.

We have full size first aid kits in the hallways at my center and mini ones with just band aids, gloves, and a thermometer in each classroom.
Nisaryn 10:48 AM 10-04-2015
I have all those main things listed above plus some non-latex rubber gloves and a CPR kit (infant/toddler and adult mask), but since I'm military I'm also required to keep this kit as part of my emergency evacuation kit so I have to have 2 gallons of water per person, splints, slings, blankets, flashlight/batteries, hand-wound radio. It's a little extreme but I see the need for it.
kendallina 12:25 PM 10-04-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
What type of ice packs do you have? I have hard shell ones but just saw soft ones that would conform, and probably feel better, when held on to.
Yen, I like soft ones. I have done of each and also use frozen sponges as ice packs.
kendallina 12:27 PM 10-04-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I also keep small index cards on a ring with ALL the family contact info and the child's info (DOB, medical conditions etc) in my first aid kit that we take with when we are outside or off site.

That way if I need to call for emergency services I have all the necessary child info and all the parent contact info.

Oh, and I keep a pair of latex gloves in my First Aid kit too.
Yeah, I carry their emergency info sheets with us. I like the idea of index cards on a ring though.
MyAngels 12:32 PM 10-04-2015
In addition to most of the stuff listed already I also keep antiseptic wipes and Neosporin packets. I also put the poison control number on the lid.
Reply Up