Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Covid Ramble....
Reimel61 10:17 PM 12-16-2020
This past Sunday I woke up with intestinal distress, chills and lost of appetite. No fever, no coughing. I contacted my parents and closed on Monday. I told them I would get a Covid test and proceed from there. Couldn't get in for the test till Tuesday. Still waiting for my results. I feel totally normal now, but will wait for my results. The mom of my youngest dcg also started Sunday with the same stuff. DCM's got tested and got her results already Negative so I'm assuming I am too. The thing I find odd is the dcg had no symptoms other then maybe not eating quite as much as she normally does, but didn't think anything of it at the time. I found this to be very discouraging too. I thought I was being very careful, washing hands, disinfecting, wearing a mask. The only other illness in the pass 11 months which was the same dcg I posted about (Requiring a Dr. note/teething) was finally diagnosed with Roseola.

Now tonight my husband gets a call and is told not to report to work until Monday. Three people in his division he works with have tested positive for covid. He has not had direct exposure to them. I figured I'd probably be closed the rest of the week anyway waiting for my results. Now this. I'll call my health department again to make sure but as long as he didn't have direct exposure I would assume I can open on Monday.

I'm really done with covid. I'm tired of hearing that people are dying. Tired of having to treat my husband like he's diseased all the time because he's in the public everyday. I just want it to go away. Thanks for letting me ramble on. I've been doing daycare for 18 years now and realize how isolated I've become plus covid's made it worse. If you've read this far and believe in prayer please say one for me.

Thanks
VictoryCare 03:50 AM 12-17-2020
I will pray for you, your daycare and your husband, I wish you all well
Josiegirl 03:58 AM 12-17-2020
Wishing you the best of luck and hope your test comes back negative as well. Hope for the best but plan for the worst and play safe.

I greatly dislike all the lists of symptoms floating about of how you'd expect to feel if you contracted Covid. My dh had chills and fever for 2 days, then a cough for a week but he said it felt like a normal cold. My only symptoms were feeling tired enough to nap for 2 days and one of my glands was tender to the touch for a day.
Hardest part for the both of us was the quarantine.
Annalee 04:10 AM 12-17-2020
MOst of the people I know that have tested positive have said "I am 99.9% sure I don't have covid but I'm getting tested to be safe" but then they are positive.
Gemma 04:24 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Reimel61:
This past Sunday I woke up with intestinal distress, chills and lost of appetite. No fever, no coughing. I contacted my parents and closed on Monday. I told them I would get a Covid test and proceed from there. Couldn't get in for the test till Tuesday. Still waiting for my results. I feel totally normal now, but will wait for my results. The mom of my youngest dcg also started Sunday with the same stuff. DCM's got tested and got her results already Negative so I'm assuming I am too. The thing I find odd is the dcg had no symptoms other then maybe not eating quite as much as she normally does, but didn't think anything of it at the time. I found this to be very discouraging too. I thought I was being very careful, washing hands, disinfecting, wearing a mask. The only other illness in the pass 11 months which was the same dcg I posted about (Requiring a Dr. note/teething) was finally diagnosed with Roseola.

Now tonight my husband gets a call and is told not to report to work until Monday. Three people in his division he works with have tested positive for covid. He has not had direct exposure to them. I figured I'd probably be closed the rest of the week anyway waiting for my results. Now this. I'll call my health department again to make sure but as long as he didn't have direct exposure I would assume I can open on Monday.

I'm really done with covid. I'm tired of hearing that people are dying. Tired of having to treat my husband like he's diseased all the time because he's in the public everyday. I just want it to go away. Thanks for letting me ramble on. I've been doing daycare for 18 years now and realize how isolated I've become plus covid's made it worse. If you've read this far and believe in prayer please say one for me.

Thanks
You may be isolated, but you are not alone..keep letting things out!
Blackcat31 07:03 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Reimel61:

Thanks
This IS hard.

It's the mental health stress that I think is the hardest thing to deal with.

Every little cough, runny nose, tummy bug and or sneeze has me on edge but I just try to take it one day at a time.

Take a deep breath and know you are NOT alone.
Reimel61 12:08 PM 12-17-2020
Thank you all for the replies and prayers. Yes... the mental health stress factor is a real issue for me. It's seems the older I get the worst it gets. I know we're all in this together and I'm not the alone. Thanks again.
Valerie928 12:23 PM 12-17-2020
I now know several folks that have had covid. Every single one of these people had a different experience with the virus. Family friends of ours: Mom, congested w/fever for 3 days. Dad, vomiting and diarrhea for 24 hours followed by fatigue for several days. Their 2 children ages 8 and 5, runny noses for 3 days. They all tested + for covid. Another person we know was feeling extremely tired, gradually over the course of several days followed by shortness of breath. He went to the hospital, his O2 was below 80%. He was admitted for 3 days and is now recovered. That was the worst case I have known of that I know the person. My list goes on. I am thankful that nobody I know has passed away. I feel/get very emotional hearing the numbers go up every day.
Deftones34 02:11 PM 12-18-2020
Ramble on! You are not alone.

I am a COVID longhauler since March and I am so sick of it. Everyday I am terrified of getting reinfected because it could hit me even harder the second time and put me in the hospital.
Tags:covid
Reply Up