Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Clothes Never Fit...
Valerie928 06:16 AM 01-14-2021
Do you say anything to parents? I have a dcg, almost 4. Her parents are by no means struggling financially. However, they dress this child in clothes that are way to small. It's uncomfortable for dcg and starting to embarrass her too. Today, again she is wearing Jean's that constantly fall below her crack when she sits down. She keeps standing up, looking around, then pulls them
up over and over. I don't get it. Even if you don't want to buy new clothes, there are plenty of places near that sell second hand. I won't even start on her socks😒 Do you guys say anything to parents? I feel bad for this kid.
Cat Herder 06:31 AM 01-14-2021
I do say something.

In this case I'd probably send DCM a quick text saying the pants are causing a TMI issue and butt crack discussion is all the rage, today (with a laugh emoji). Then I would change the child into her change of clothing and send the offending pants home in a bag. I'd expect a new change of clothing or no drop-off the next day (normal, everyday rule).

Rinse/repeat until it is no longer my issue to solve.

I'd also send home some of my children's clothing hoard donated by all the other families. I am a drop-off and share site, self made.
Cat Herder 06:52 AM 01-14-2021
FTR, I was sent home from public school in a paper shirt once (3rd grade) because they did not like what it said, so....

It had something to do with pirates and their booty, but I did not understand the reference. Eh, Florida. What can you do?
Pestle 12:03 PM 01-14-2021
You'd say something if they were sending in an infant in clothing too small, right? The same goes for bigger kids.

"Mindy's growing so fast! Looks like it's time to buy clothes in her current size. When her clothes are too small, it's hard for her to play or deal with the toilet."
Valerie928 02:37 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I do say something.

In this case I'd probably send DCM a quick text saying the pants are causing a TMI issue and butt crack discussion is all the rage, today (with a laugh emoji). Then I would change the child into her change of clothing and send the offending pants home in a bag. I'd expect a new change of clothing or no drop-off the next day (normal, everyday rule).

Rinse/repeat until it is no longer my issue to solve.

I'd also send home some of my children's clothing hoard donated by all the other families. I am a drop-off and share site, self made.
I changed her into her spare pants and they too were ridiculous. But mom just posted a picture of herself at a salon getting her hair all done up so there's that.
Tags:clothing, clothing - issues, clothing policies
Reply Up