Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New one year old and milk
Unregistered 10:16 AM 09-29-2016
I have a child who turned one sept 10th and has had milk since then and has had runny stools. Mom asked the doc and they said to
Continue with the regular milk. What would you do? Require
Mom to bring formula or give her water? I don't want to give her milk and deal with runny poop. I tried sending home for the runny poop and mom said it was from the milk not illness so she didn't want to pick her up from daycare. What would you do?
Baby Beluga 10:17 AM 09-29-2016
Well, if she has diarrhea I would send home for that - regardless of the reason for the loose stool.

When mom made the switch did she do it gradually?
Blackcat31 10:29 AM 09-29-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a child who turned one sept 10th and has had milk since then and has had runny stools. Mom asked the doc and they said to
Continue with the regular milk. What would you do? Require
Mom to bring formula or give her water? I don't want to give her milk and deal with runny poop. I tried sending home for the runny poop and mom said it was from the milk not illness so she didn't want to pick her up from daycare. What would you do?
I exclude for symptoms NOT causes.

If child has runny poo, they go home and must stay home until they've been free of runny poo for 24 hours.

I don't give parents the option to pick up or not so I wouldn't concern myself with whether or not mom wants to pick up or not.

I understand that new foods can cause issues with a child but this is mom's issue to address WITH her child's pediatrician. It really has nothing to do with you.

Runny poo (NO MATTER the cause) is a sanitary issue and one the others shouldn't have to be exposed to. Nor your home.
Cat Herder 12:26 PM 09-29-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
regular milk.

What would you do? Require Mom to bring formula or give her water?

I don't want to give her milk and deal with runny poop.
Is this being served in a bottle?

How much milk is this 1 year old getting per serving and how many times a day?

If it is more than 2 cups over a 24 hour period, it is from too much milk in her diet.

Milk with meals, water or juice with snacks.
Cat Herder 12:34 PM 09-29-2016
From MyPlate: Per 24 hours.

2-3 years old - 2 cups

4-8 years old - 2 ½ cups

9-18 years old - 3 cups
Ariana 12:42 PM 09-29-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I exclude for symptoms NOT causes.

If child has runny poo, they go home and must stay home until they've been free of runny poo for 24 hours.

I don't give parents the option to pick up or not so I wouldn't concern myself with whether or not mom wants to pick up or not.

I understand that new foods can cause issues with a child but this is mom's issue to address WITH her child's pediatrician. It really has nothing to do with you.

Runny poo (NO MATTER the cause) is a sanitary issue and one the others shouldn't have to be exposed to. Nor your home.
All of this!
Reply Up